Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Switchback XT

Old 01-04-2006, 07:33 PM

Default RE: Switchback XT

I have not yet shot the Trykon, but plan too, just to see what it feels like. I shot Hoyt for six years. I liked them, mostly due to the fact that the dealer was close to my home. My last Hoyt just never felt right to me. I started shopping around and decided that I was going to switch to High Country,due toa local dealer carrying them, and all of my friends shot H.C. I was at another pro-shop and I shot the SB and I was AMAZED. There wasVERY little string noise andVERY little vibration. Ipurchased the SB and it fits likea glove. With my Hoyt, I averaged around 250/300 at the 3-D shoots, with the SB, my last score was 287. I didn't change a thing, just my bow.

It all depends what fits you and what you are comfortable with. If it fits and you are comfortable, you are CONFIDENT!!

To any new archers reading these posts, go out and shoot as many bows as you can, we are all designed a little different, just like bows are. Find a bow that fits andis comfortable, then shoot, shoot, shoot. When the opportunity comes along at Mr. Big, your chances will be much greater!!

But when it comes to the adrenaline rush you get when he comes in, dont ask me how to perfect that, I still havn't figured that one out in my 17 years of chasin' bucks!!!!!)
Old 01-05-2006, 10:05 AM

If you figure it out it will take away from the experience!!
What would be the use if you lost that feeling!!!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:50 PM

Exactly!!!!!! Once that feeling is lost, I will find a new passion!!! But after 17 years, I haven't even started to lose the adrenaline rush that keeps me getting out of my warm bed every morning at 4:30AM to go walk into those frigid, cold, dark woods!!

Our archery season ended before x-mas, and I am already waiting for next October, it's gonna be a long year!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 06:10 AM

I know exactly what you mean!!It is a long time till the next season.
I am going to have a new bow to get used to mabey that will take my mind off it for a while!!
Old 01-06-2006, 07:51 PM

Already have my bow back out getting ready for 3-D shooting... I just bought mine last summer, I still have to tell my wife that I bought this bow before I decide to get another one.....
Old 01-06-2006, 09:40 PM

wow, this is some of the best tech info i've read on the '06 bows yet.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deteriorated pretty quickly, huh gibby?
Old 01-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought it was a good read, kinda bumpy here & there but entertaining nonetheless.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:11 PM

Maybe when you guys are all done with your pissin match you can move up to a REAL bow... a BowTech.....

Ok... sit back and enjoy the show with me
Old 01-07-2006, 08:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

Maybe when you guys are all done with your pissin match you can move up to a REAL bow... a BowTech.....

Ok... sit back and enjoy the show with me
LOL, You know all are real bows to me, but it is my personal preference that I shoot a Mathews instead of Bowtech. I don't have a problem with Bowtechs but they do not get it done for me, neither does the Hoyt products. I did like the single cam systems that Bowtech used to have, but I don't like the Binary Cam system at all!

Quick Reply: Switchback XT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.