Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Switchback XT

Old 01-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Switchback XT

Oh really mcl8690?, how come in another post you said you were new to bowhunting and just bought a PSE Whitetail Extreme and loved it. Then on this post you said you bought a Trykon, and now you are a tournament expert to boot. I know there are some fast learners in this world but I really have to hand it to you. Let me know if you write a book I want to buy one.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Site Bouncer

i just got a new bow 2 weeks ago its a pse whitetailed extreme from bass pro it is may first bow. It cost 330 and came with everything i love it
Just in case you forgot what you said........oh by the way, you didn't capitalize your "I" and you forgot the period. You also should capitalize the name of the bow and put a dollar sign in front and a decimal point at the end of your dollar amount. Also, it's my not may.

I just wanted to let you know becauseit'shelpful if you post a reply that people can actually read.........oh you already knew that, didn't you?

He who lives in glass houses...........

Back to the debate, I shoot a Browning so what do I know.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for pointing out how absurd this thread became, BigJ12!
Old 01-02-2006, 07:14 AM

ORIGINAL: mcl8690

"Numbers can be deceiving. Except for when they're really obvious."

According to stats from FITA, NFAA, NAA, ASA, and IBO tournament circuit results, the Hoyt grabbed 49 first place wins compared to Mathews with only 21. And, I have shot both the Trykon and the new Mathews. I've also shot the old Mathews that everyone is so crazy about. I thought they were overrated. My opinion isn't based on just product loyalty, but actual shooting.

OK, those numbers mean nothing, it is not the bow, again doing the shooting it is the PRO shooting the bow that is winning. I highly doubt that the Tykron is in there, it might be the Tykron XL which happens to act like a very different bow compared to the Tykron. A longer ATA can do many things to affect a bow. The XL is much smoother than the Tykron! The whole reason Hoyt came out with the Tykron is to jump on the band wagon, I mean the Switchback was the hottest selling bow last year, and this year it will probably be the XT. My local dealer has sold 24 XT's already, I don't know what the others around me have sold, but I expect the same. There has to be a reason that people still are choosing the Mathews over the Hoyt.......[8D]
Old 01-02-2006, 09:29 AM

I THINK THE NUMBERS DONT LIE, I SHOT BOTH MATHEWS AND THE HOYT AND I THINK THAT HOYT WAS THE BEST BUY FAR. SO MABE THEY PERFECTED THE DESIGN MATHEWS MADE. EATHER WAY PICK ON SOMEONE ELSE. 5 ON 1 ARE NOT FAR ODDS
Old 01-02-2006, 09:33 AM

Thank you, the odds were a little unfair[&:]
Old 01-02-2006, 10:38 AM

Remember the shooter has every thing to do with it!!
Old 01-03-2006, 06:59 AM

ORIGINAL: hoytman85

I THINK THE NUMBERS DONT LIE, I SHOT BOTH MATHEWS AND THE HOYT AND I THINK THAT HOYT WAS THE BEST BUY FAR. SO MABE THEY PERFECTED THE DESIGN MATHEWS MADE. EATHER WAY PICK ON SOMEONE ELSE. 5 ON 1 ARE NOT FAR ODDS
It was not fair when mcl8690 was all over D.Parsons, thats when I came in, all the others just caught mcl8690 talking about his wonderful PSE and they chimed in too. Excuse me, but how is the Tykron by far the better bow, let me know because I just can't come up with any conclusion of that. Perfected the design, more like made the design worse!
Old 01-03-2006, 08:01 PM

I got my Trykon 1 week ago. It is replacing my previous bow of 3 years. It is amazing the changes in technology in that time period. I shot the Mathews XT and have to admit it almost made me pull the checkbook. I am glad I waited to shoot the Hoyt. I think the Hoyt is much better quality and design. There is no felt shock, it is quick and quite.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I too shot the XT and Trykon. I did end up with the Trykon but I do NOT think that it is far and away better. I liked it better but that does not mean that someone else will. To me the Trykon felt just a little better and I bought it. Who cares what name is on the bow, Just shoot what you LIKE.

Quick Reply: Switchback XT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.