Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Linejammers

Old 01-10-2002, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Linejammers

Anybody using the Carbon Express Linejammers????
I am thinking about trying a dozen out.
I really like my ACC's for 3D,but that thought of them big shafts gaining me 6-8 more points has got me thinkin'.
For any users.Have you found the weights of each shaft close?How about tunability?
Old 01-10-2002, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Linejammers

Oharcher

I havn't used them and some that I know that have tried them didn't like them as well as the Arrow Dynamics.

I was just playing on the AA program and they are way too stiff for me.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought 6 of the new C.E CXL's, they are .354" dia. and are very light! The six I bought have great weight consistancy! From the lightest to the heaviest only a 1.08grain difference! I bought the 250's which weigh 6.9g/in., VERY nice looking shafts! Havent cut them down and fletched them yet, maybe this weekend! Then I will see how they fly!
Old 01-11-2002, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

OHarcher,
They are great shafts! Peoples might have their "favorites" when it comes to the fat shafts, but the bottom line is that on the 3D circuit they are virtually the only fat shafts being used. They don't sponsor a lot of people, including myself, but everyone uses them, and I won a national ASA shoot with them last year.

As far as strength, I shot one through a 3/8 inch OSB board with no damage-try that with an ACC. The board was also at an angle. I also didn't crack or break any the entire year, just a few nocks.

That AA program covers the averages, but I don't go by that, I go by how they group, tune, and how well others are doing with them. My 3D bow is a Conquest II, 70#'s, 28" draw. My arrows are 27.5 inches, 100 grain point, and weigh around 350 grains. Most people that use them well, shoot them between 26 and 28 inches, high 60's to 70 pounds, and 100 to 125 grains. More point weight with shorter arrow, less pounds, less point weight with longer arrow, more pounds.

The arrows are extremely accurate, or I wouldn't use them. They fly as well as my ACE's, ACC's, Corbon Express 100's or 200's, or my Gold Tips-all of those arrows I have either won a national championship with, or have placed highly with.

There are a lot of people who you can listen to out there and many of them don't shoot well enough to even know the difference. I have always listened to only those people who have a history of shooting well and are currently shooting well. If you do that, you'll find that they are top-notch arrows.

I'll be using them when I travel to FL to shoot in Febuary at the first ASA shoot, as well as 8 other national shoots throughout the country ending in August. I wouldn't bring them along if they didn't fly the best.

I also don't mind the 6-10 more points a shoot I get with them over the ACC 339/Carbon Express 100-300 size shafts.

Jeff...U.P. of Michigan.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:09 PM

yea they are ungoddly stiff but boy do they gruop well. I have them grouping very well out to 65yds with only 2.3 inch flething
Old 01-11-2002, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

North Jeff you are right about the poundage but the 53# that I use and the Fat Shaft are not going to perform well.I wasn't trying to say they were not good shafts but that some that I know have the same problem as I.Atleast the Arrow Dynamics offer a shaft that I can use and I had a 2" group at 60 yards twice with them yesterday.Not my usuall but it proves it can be done.

Good luck in Gainsville,wish I had the money to go but all overtime has been cut out for over a year now.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys.
I noticed to on the AA program that they were VERY stiff,that had me a little leary of them. I have a dozen on the way that I got a good deal on.Just hoping I can keep the speed up near my ACC's with them.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:05 PM

TFOX the CXL might perform with 53#, I know Dave Polzin is trying to get me into shooting the CXL, but with 44# out of an olym recurve I just predict alot of drag at 90Metres.

>>>>--------o-->
Old 01-12-2002, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

55, I could most likely get them to fly for me but the arrow would be about 360gr and that would put my speed at around 245fps.That might be ok for spots but shooting the open class in 3d against 280fps,it won't cut it,besides I,m happy with my setup as is.They are not just a little stiff for me,they are atleast 2 times as stiff as I need.My Dynamics are a little stiff and that is fine but 2 times isn't good no matter what anyone says.AA can't even get them on the chart for me.

CX does have a new shaft that I have been looking at but the nock system needs some work,as soon as that is figured out I will most likely give them a try.

I don't have anything against them and used the CX200 for hunting and decided to cut them about 3/4" shorter and they got too stiff to use,even for hunting with just the 3/4" shorter.CX does make a stiff shaft and you need to know what you can get by with and what you can't.
Old 01-12-2002, 07:12 PM

The CXL is the new shaft, and its as light as ACE. They have talked to beiter to make nocks for there Gametracker shafts. So if you are looking for a better nock beiter is one of the best.

>>>>--------o-->

Quick Reply: Linejammers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.