Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shot a trycon

Old 12-22-2005, 12:01 PM

Default RE: shot a trycon

ORIGINAL: Rack-attack

Shoots like poop - like most hoyts..

You think because it was slow it would atleast be quite without vibration...............................

They are 3 yrs behind the parrallel curve and need a few more to get it right.

Gotta can the cam.5 also....................darn tuning nightmare....................

Hmmm...biased are we. That comment is so funny, I forgot to laugh. My Hoyt bows never shoot like poop. Sounds like your technique smells of manure, well rotting manure to be exact. But again, your opinion and mine. Never had a problem with Hoyt, on the range or for that important shot on that trophy. I believe the world is more biased than before. LOL. What a future we have to look forward to....
Old 12-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think hoyt makes some fine bows, however I don't think the Trykon is anything super special. I think it is great that it gives the Hoyt die hards the chance to shoot and try parallel limbs, but other than that it certainly doesn't offer me anything that makes me want to buy one. I do like the Pro and Ultra Elite though......w/ 3000 limbs and spiralcams........what an indoor bow. I may next year consider these for a indoor bow only. My constitution that is coming is more of a cross for 3D and indoor, however I really wish I had something with less letoff for indoor.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:26 PM

Sounds like your technique smells of manure, well rotting manure to be exact.
I thought it was the hoyt I was shooting that smelled...........................But it could of been me now that you brought it up

I will try one next time with a carbon suit on.......................just to see............[8D]
Old 12-22-2005, 02:00 PM

I will try one next time with a carbon suit on.......................just to see............
Better put a layer of x scent on too to make sure that it is indeed the bow and not you.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Coyotestalker

Hmmm...biased are we. That comment is so funny, I forgot to laugh. My Hoyt bows never shoot like poop. Sounds like your technique smells of manure, well rotting manure to be exact. But again, your opinion and mine. Never had a problem with Hoyt, on the range or for that important shot on that trophy. I believe the world is more biased than before. LOL. What a future we have to look forward to....
I was thinking the same thing. Any person with an open mind will see that the Trikon is a good holding, smooth shooting and forgiving bow. Complaints about the draw cycle - please.. Shoot any bow with an aggresive cam on it for few days, then go shoot a round wheel bow; it'll evenfeel funny to you.I haven't picked up a bow inthe past 5 years thathad a draw cycle that made my arm shake. Vibration in the handle? You guys gotta be squeezing it to death. And someone please tell me where I can find a "hand shock" gauge. I'm dying to look at one. In fact, who invented this over-used "trendy" phrase?? Smoothness is overrated guys. I spent 1.5 hours the other nite shooting a 2006 MAthews Apex. Smoothness wise, it sucked, it didn't touch a Trikon XL, or even the nice little Switchback. But dam did it hold on the spots steady and have a rock solid wall.You want to experience hand shock? Shoot a 1991 Peason Spoiler cam bow with steel cables (remember those?) solid glass limbs, and a cast riser.

Cam 1/2 a tuning nightmare?? Come on. That's the first time I've heard that, and I know 3 non-brand loyal pro shooters who shoot them and love them. I personally shot around 5,000 arrows off my Xtecthis year, and I think I added2 twists to a cable on a hot, 90 degree day. What's the nightmare??

Old 12-22-2005, 02:28 PM

Better put a layer of x scent on too to make sure that it is indeed the bow and not you.
Great Idea!!..........We will get to the bottom of this
Old 12-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I handled a Trykon yesterday but that shop doesn't have a range so could only draw it back. I must admit that its a gorgeous bow and I love the grip and general feel. It is noticably heavier than the other Hoyts that were hanging on the rack. On drawing it back, its very front loaded but I didn't mind the rest of the cycle. Nice bow and I'm sure the Hoyt fans will snap them up. What I did handle and thought was a real bargain was the new Powertec which was $300.00 cheaper than a Vtec and has the exact same limbs and cams, a newer riser but different limb pockets. That one should sell well for them. Getting back to the Trykon, being its draw length specific ( need to switch cams ) and still not as fast as a Bowtech and doesn't offer the draw cycle choices, can't see why I would switch.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:46 PM

I shoot my hoyt with totaly open grip from draw to follow through, never even began to roll forward.As for a bowtech I'm thinking about getting one, If I get a flat tire on my bike I'll always have a spare wheel . give me a break
Old 12-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Geeze!

I love this when the loyalist's come into the circle to defend their favourite's .

nubo
Old 12-22-2005, 06:25 PM

you guys just don't notice it going boyowowowowowow because you shoot hoyt's all the time. it goes boyowowowowowow just like they all do. doesn't mean its not more accurate than my wheelie bowtech it couldn't catch if its life depended on it. its just to a bowtech shooter, sometimes the boyowowowowowow scares us a little. we're not used to it. that's all. ( i really want to shoot the longer 36 or 37" ata one, one that has been tuned and has a stabilizer, then i'll know what i'm really dealing with, the above was only meant in humor)

Quick Reply: shot a trycon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.