Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Trykon 65 or 80% letoff

Old 12-19-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Hoyt Trykon 65 or 80% letoff

What do you think?I'm buying the new Trykon but I can't decide on what letoff to get.My last bow was the Razortec and I had the 65% modules and I am comfortable with them but is there really any advantage to holding back the extra weight.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt Trykon 65 or 80% letoff

It is all personal preference really. I bought a new Protec last year and they sent the 75% modules on it . I just didnt like the feel of the higher letoff . When the cam rolled over into the letoff it felt too abrupt whereas the 65% seems to just ease into the letoff and letting down is a whole lot easier with the lower letoff to me. There really wasnt much of a speed difference between the two different letoffs . I think I only gained about 2 FPS going to the 65% but I am just personally more comfortable with the lower letoff.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

I'm in the same dilema with my 06 Switchback XT. I think I'm going 80% if the dealer hasn't put the order through yet.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bchunter62

What do you think?I'm buying the new Trykon but I can't decide on what letoff to get.My last bow was the Razortec and I had the 65% modules and I am comfortable with them but is there really any advantage to holding back the extra weight.
Get the 65's.Personally, Idislike 80% on any bow. 65% just gives a smoother draw, and it's a lot easier to let down if you shoot target or have to let down on a deer.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Imo,80%-90% of people will shoot a 65% letoff better than an 80% letoff.You are just holding less mass weight in your bow hand(To prove this,hold your bow like it was at full draw without drawing it.Now draw it back and compare which one you felt like you were holding more in your bow hand.),and the back tensionwill help you hold on target along with less torque on the string.

IMO,this is even more crucial with a parallel limb bow.Especially with the Trycon.The cam drops hard into the valley and 65% will lesson that.

That being said,I always order the 65% letoff but my xtec with the short XT1000 limbs was hard for me to shoot with the 65% modules and I tried the 75% modules and I shot it better.Because the short limbs stack up harder for meso I needed a little more letoff.But I also believe that now that I am used to the bow that the 65% modules would be better at this point.

The 65% letoff will alsobe easier to let down in a hunting situation.