Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stabilizer Weight?

Old 12-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Stabilizer Weight?

I received two Doinker stabilizers for Christmas this past weekend. One is 7.2 ozs and the other is 3.6ozs, I think. Is one better than the other? I'm currently using a solid stabilizer that came with my bow. I wanted to reduce vibration. Should I try to match the weight? Will the bow shoot differently with a shorter stabilizer?
Brian
Old 12-19-2005, 02:03 PM

Default RE: Stabilizer Weight?

Since both stabilizers are most likely made of the same material, the shock absorbtion would extend a tad bit more in the heavier stabilizer. It all comes down to comfort levels in your part. You would have a different weight distribution and balance with the larger one, yet the smaller weight would be great in my mind for blind and concealed hunts. I would compare them between 20 shots a piece, then make you decision on what works better for you. I believe in terms of shock absorbtion and vibration control, you may see a little tiny difference, but the weight is what you should be looking at. Goo luck.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Stabilizer Weight?

Like coyotestalker said, I doubt if you will see any difference in shock absorbtion or vibration between the two. Also I believe you will notice a difference in weight and balance of your bow. I also agree you should shoot both and decide then. The bow won't shoot differently but you might because of the weight difference. Just shoot them both and keep the one that you feel keeps the bow in the best balance for your shooting style.