Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Elite Archery???

Old 01-31-2006, 12:11 AM

Default RE: Elite Archery???

Heere's a link with a picture of one.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=267843&highlight=ATA+show+Pic tures
Old 01-31-2006, 12:15 AM

Heere's a link to Hunter's Friend that shows that they are listed as Binary cammed bows.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/compoundbows.htm
Old 01-31-2006, 01:11 AM

I guess if they are binarys, whom ever hold the patent will be getting some type of kickback. Or maybe they are just different enounh they wont have to. I have looked under pending patents on the governments website, and cant find a patent or pending patent anywhere for binary cams.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:19 PM

Heres what Kevin had to say on AT regarding patents
Patent issues [/align][hr]

I will set the record straight,

There are NO patents on a Binary cam.

I applied for a provisional patent on a Binary cam in 1997, before Bowtech was in existence, I later abandoned the application, but it's still prior art.

If all of the people on AT that are trying to interpret the patent laws would like to do a little research I can tell you which patents to find.

First one, the Nurney patent 4,739,744 that PSE owns has already been determined to cover single or dual cams. Second one, Nishioka 4,365,611 covers a cam that has two feed outs and one take up, since some claims don't specify one or two cams it covers a binary system.
Third, Mcpherson patents 5,791,322, 5,890,480, 5,368,006.

And this is one I recently found that is a binary cam system, Jarrett patent 4,512,326.

Patents are written to expand the coverage of the scope of the patent by not specifically stating certain things, such as whether one, two, three, or how many cams as long as a cam has two feed outs and one take up they are covered.

I spent several days in a Federal court about a 1 1/2 years ago in regards to some of the above mentioned patents and what they COVER and I can assure you they COVER the binary cam.

If their is prior art on a product your patent even if issued would then be invalid. You can be granted a patent and still have to pay the prior art patents before you can manufacture and sell products using your own patent.

Not trying to start an argument just trying to stop all the fighting about patents.

Kevin Strother
[/align]
Old 02-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

quote:

Patent issues
[/align]
[hr]

I will set the record straight,

There are NO patents on a Binary cam.

I applied for a provisional patent on a Binary cam in 1997, before Bowtech was in existence, I later abandoned the application, but it's still prior art.

If all of the people on AT that are trying to interpret the patent laws would like to do a little research I can tell you which patents to find.

First one, the Nurney patent 4,739,744 that PSE owns has already been determined to cover single or dual cams. Second one, Nishioka 4,365,611 covers a cam that has two feed outs and one take up, since some claims don't specify one or two cams it covers a binary system.
Third, Mcpherson patents 5,791,322, 5,890,480, 5,368,006.

And this is one I recently found that is a binary cam system, Jarrett patent 4,512,326.

Patents are written to expand the coverage of the scope of the patent by not specifically stating certain things, such as whether one, two, three, or how many cams as long as a cam has two feed outs and one take up they are covered.

I spent several days in a Federal court about a 1 1/2 years ago in regards to some of the above mentioned patents and what they COVER and I can assure you they COVER the binary cam.

If their is prior art on a product your patent even if issued would then be invalid. You can be granted a patent and still have to pay the prior art patents before you can manufacture and sell products using your own patent.

Not trying to start an argument just trying to stop all the fighting about patents.

Kevin Strother
Wow...