Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Elite Archery???

Old 01-21-2006, 11:17 AM

Default RE: Elite Archery???

gibblet,

The warranty may have been somebody "picking" on her, but that is something alot of people look at when buying a bow. If a company comes out and says that they have a full lifetime warranty on the bow and don't mention that it is only to the original owner people will think that it means for any owner of the bow. Alot of people who really have a passion for archery know that this probablly isn't the case but for the average guy who just wants to buy a bow and hunt that could be taken the wrong way.

The limb issue was brought up and at first Kevin had said that the problem with the limbs was the manufacturer, when people found out that both BowTech and Elite archery were going to be using Gordon Glass limbs Kevin came on and said that it wasn't the company but rather the grade of the limbs. Some took it as an honest comment, to others it seemed as though he had to grab for an excuse as to why Elites limbs are better than BowTechs.

The biggest problem I have seen is clarification of some points made. Lets face it, this probablly the most exciting new company in the bow business since BowTech came out. It seems as though things are/were being rushed and their was alot of confusion and controversy steming from that. A little better presentation of the new company could have saved alot of headaches and confussion. When a company comes out with bows that have specs like the Elite bowsdo with the prices that they have stated people become interested very quickly and wantas many details as they can get on the bows. It seems as though maybe Kate and Kevin weren't prepared for the mad-rush of questionsand interest in their bows that has come. I wish Kevin and Kate the best in their new company and I honestly hope that it goes well for them.

As far as Kevin not designing the binary cam bows that is my mistake. I had been under the impression that he had designed them. If that isn't the case then I am sorry for making that comment.

Who knows though, maybe this is what they wanted, controversy. It sure would be a good business move as this is one of the hottest topics in the archery world this season.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: gibblet

now, no one in their right mind took the warranty issue as transferable. someone was only picking at her to start trouble. she clarified.

the limb issue is with the different grades of gordon glass and the process used to make the limb - not that it was gordon glass. that is plainly stated in the thread.

these are some of the points you're making that aren't really from the information given.

and, for what its worth:

kevin did not design any of the binary cam bows. he didn't design the risers, the cams, or anything. so yes, he could steal them since they aren't his.

Gibblet this was taken from the thread. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...24&page=13 post # 520 I dont know if he desinged them or not but he says he did. Dont really care just lookin forward to the new bows.
I designed the 06 Binary cams and mods in late april early may, made the first ones in May in louisiana, was there for a week machining them, made a few modifications to the mods as late as sept. this was for draw length and moving the anti lockup post.

I have designed every riser and cam ever sold by Bowtech, including the 06 line of Bowtechs, if this was not true that would be grounds for a lawsuit from Bowtech.

I also never said that every Bowtech bow would break, I said there is a limb problem, when some companies are touting their warranty is 2% or less and certain companies are much higher there is a problem, whether with the material, manufacturing process or pre-stress.

I have always designed all the risers and cams, and have all my original dxf's to prove it, the origination date is always saved in the file, as well as every time you modify the drawing.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:58 PM

oop, there's the controversy i guess right there sharkey, straight from thekev'smouth.wonder how this will all turn out. good quote and lets me know more about what the deal is. wow, its like a soap opera.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Regardless I think this bow look's pretty sweet.I'm looking forward to the complete version.

nubo
Old 01-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Perhaps it will be a nice bow line, hope they do well but I am going to wait a few years.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's see- he's selling hopped up cams for bows we already own.
Why not give us what we want, sell us laminated limbs for bows we already own and he'd make a fortune. But then a lot of his bows would sit around collecting dust because in my eye's that's the only thing seperating his bows from the rest (that and maybe 10fps)

Laminated limbs in a deflection or max pound rating to match our request and do it for under $100.00. How about a turnaround job too, I mail you my bare bow & get it returned with the new limbs installed with a birth cirrtificate too (for under $100.00) , might as well dream big.

I'll take two in a 64# setting for my Patriot thank you very much.........
Old 01-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

The big problem I see with the whole ordeal between Kevin and Bowtech is lack of accountability from either party. This whole thing has been shrouded in mysterty since day one. Especially on this forum. Bowtech was supposed tomake a public announcement about this whole thing but never did. Everyone is basing everything about Kevin by assumption. No one knows the truth. Maybe he was doing some bad stuff, maybe he wasn't. I still think its unfair for a person to be singled out, called names, and treated poorly because of something we know little or nothing about.

Maybe there is a limb issue. Maybe there isn't. All I know is a shoot 2 Bowtechs and shoot them better than anything I've owned. Not a problem to date with either of them.

However, If someone can build a better mouse trap and do it cheaper. I'm interested.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:04 PM

Will Elite bows even be out before dinosaurs rule again?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

There goes another piece of the bowtech pie.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Rumor has it that Barnsdale will be making Elite's limbs........if so, quite a development.

Quick Reply: Elite Archery???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.