Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Elite Archery???

Old 01-20-2006, 10:56 AM

Default RE: Elite Archery???

They have updated their website. just one picture of a unfinished bow and some prices for cams. Mathews cams and mods $75 Hoyt mods for cam 1/2 $20 and Bowtech mods and cams $75
Old 01-20-2006, 11:14 AM

Those laminated limbs look sweet. I'll have to look real hard at these when it's time for an upgrade.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:18 PM

My whole problem with this situation isn't that there is another bow company producing almost identical bows as BowTech. I couldn't care less and like others have said, that simply means BowTech will have to step up their game to keep in front of Elite and then all of us as consumers prosper from this. My problem simply lies with how this company is being started, it is being started on lies.

When Elite archery first started posting about their bows they said that the bows carried a "full lifetime warranty", this came straight from Kate. When asked about this warranty transfering from owner to owner (the warranty never mentioned being for the life of the original owner), Kate suddenly said that is what she meant and changed the warranty to read that. Either this is a way to try to decieve customers that didn't work or someone who really doesn't know what they are doing.

Secondly, how many people honestly believe that these bows were entirely designed by Kate without Kevins designs? There is nobody out there that can convince me that Kevin didn't desing these bows. Heck, read the specs list on BowTechs web-site and it reads almost identically to the specs list on Elite, even in the same order for the comprable models. It doesn't matter who designed the bows but don't try and pee on my head and tell me its raining.

Third, Kevin was on this very forum asking members for some imput on how to design the bows. He asked for our opinions on what we wanted to see in a bow, the MightyMite VFT was actually created because several members on this board said that they would love to see a parrallel limb MightyMite (PABowhntr and I both mentioned that). Know, after taking our input and creating the bows we asked for he goes on Archery Talk and starts trash talking the BowTechs that HE designed from what WE wanted. Maybe it is me, but it kinda seemed like a slap in the face to me.

As far as Elites limbs, they are from Gordon glass which is pretty funny considering Kevin was on Archery Talk trash talking the Gordon Glass limbs on the BowTechs.

If the company gets off the ground and a dealer actually picks them up, I would be willing to shoot them but I would be very skeptical of purchasing a bow from a company that was started on lies.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:18 PM

I am not going to be so critical of a start up company. Elite says that they will make a great bow at a good price and I am looking forward to it. I see that they have laminated limbs, which to me, is a step up.
Maybe the trash talking involves some emotion and I am willing to cut someone slack on that, as we dont know the whole story. Everyone reacts to this stuff in their own way. I personally dont care.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:19 PM

Yes elites limbs are from Gordon, but they are not pure billet, they are laminated. Big difference. I am just looking forward toa new product. I could care less about who designed it. With many bows reaching the $1000 dollar milestone, a affordable choice would be nice. I own and will continue to own a Bowtech Patriot. They have a great product. The more competition there is the better it is for the consumer. I have no brand loyalty. I just try to enjoy a hobby, while raising a family on a working mans budget. Its mighty expensive to feed and clothe four kids. Two of my own and two adopted nieces.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:41 PM

buckmagnet, you're not reporting things entirely accurately. i've read the whole thread, and you exaggerating in places and leaving things out in others.you're doing what you say kevin is doing.

just come out and say he stole the designs plain and simple, what more could be said.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Every bow company borrows ideas from each other, some fail and some prosper. If all the companies that manufacture bows didn't "use" some ideas that other companies started, there would be many less bow companies to choose from. Personally I love laminated limbs over billet limbs IF they are manufactured right. From my perspective, any bow company selling bows in the $600 range on up should be ashamed if they don't use good laminated limbs on their bows. I best shut up now............I just bought a Bowtech.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I for one am not going to jump all over Kevin Strother or anyone affiliated with Elite. Heck, I'm very interested to see what comes from them. If these bows are as nice and Hoyt, Bowtech etc..., and the sticker price is 625, I'll take a hard look at one. Yes, the specs have a strong resemblance to Bowtech, but all company specs are fairly close anymore.

I really like the laminate limb idea. I feel they are a better limb than the glass limbs Bowtechand Matthews is using. I can't wait to find one to shoot once they are out on the market.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:10 AM

gibblet,

The comments I made weren't all just from one thread on AT. There were several threads about the company. Like I said, its great to see another face in the bow market and it can only mean better things for the consumers. As far as this comment goes "just come out and say he stole the designs plain and simple, what more could be said." he is the one who designed the BowTech bows so he actually couldn't "steal" the idea, but for Kate to tell everyone that she designed these bows by herself just doesn't ring true to me. I couldn't care less if Kate, Kevin, or Jerry Springer designed the bow, just don't lie to the consumers.

I would be willing to shoot a Elite archery bow if they were being carried in a shop near me, and if the prices are as low as Kevin and Kate have said they will be, maybe even pick one up. The laminated limbs are definetly a step in the right direction, so things could get interesting.

The big question is going to be... will BowTech be able to out-do their 06 lineup with their 07 lineup?
Old 01-21-2006, 09:20 AM

now, no one in their right mind took the warranty issue as transferable. someone was only picking at her to start trouble. she clarified.

the limb issue is with the different grades of gordon glass and the process used to make the limb - not that it was gordon glass. that is plainly stated in the thread.

these are some of the points you're making that aren't really from the information given.

and, for what its worth:

kevin did not design any of the binary cam bows. he didn't design the risers, the cams, or anything. so yes, he could steal them since they aren't his.

Quick Reply: Elite Archery???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.