Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Elite Archery???

Old 12-25-2005, 10:39 AM

Default RE: Elite Archery???

gosh i've got to get my camera cord from charlotte and post pics of my neighbors 15 yr old hoyt with slaved cams with no split cables. maybe they're completely different, but they sure looked very similar to me in concept to the 'new' binaries. i love bowtech bows, and i love my bowtech that kevin designed, that's why i'm interested. i think he does good work. i've had some messy breakups in my life, business wise and personal wise i've had to get over (and others have had to), so i can surely get over someone else's. now the thing i believe is that there are better limbs than gordon glass ones. whether he tried to get bowtech to use them and was denied, i guess it doesn't matter that much to me. if he'll be putting better ones on his bows, that interests me, and maybe others will follow suit and that interests me too. people say things they shouldn't when they're upset, dumb things, untrue things, things designed to hurt, its stupid, but i can hopefully see past it.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:12 AM

I believe Gordon makes a quality product. I think the problem occurs on how the limb blanks are ground. It is expensive to laminate limbs (the equipment and glues required). Who else is making limb blanks? Here is a link to who gordon manufactures for http://www.gordoncomposites.com/who.htm
Old 12-25-2005, 12:11 PM

I met the man who designed the Binary Cam System,and the bow designs for those cams, at the ATA Showlast year. He was given enormous praise andKevin's name was NOT mentioned in this design.

It is with this in mind and subsequent happenings throughout this fiasco that make me wonder. [][&o]
Old 12-25-2005, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

This whole story could get very interesting, and maybe even more messy than it already was.[:'(]
Old 12-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

The good news is that martin will actually have a bow that may benice soon..........

Old 12-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally hope that he makes it in the industry. Nothing better for us consumersthan industry competition. For a while, Hoyt and Mathews were the big fish in the pond. Then, Bowtech came along and really forced everyone to pick it up a notch.

I really like my Bowtech's and have nothing but praise for the product and the company that builds them. Whatever Keven did, it had to have been pretty bad. I don't know the details, nor do I really care. As long as Bowtech continues to produce top quality bows and stand behind them, I'm on board. But hey, if Elite Archery can build a bow that rivals any of these manufacturers, are more affordable, and they back them up, why not?
Old 12-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

The good news is that martin will actually have a bow that may be nice soon......
Careful, my Martin Cougar Magnum has 5 hunting seasons under its belt!!!!
Old 12-26-2005, 06:09 AM

Whether Elite Archery survives will depend on their ability to produce a quality product at a competitive price and provide good service to their customers. None of this internet gossip will mean a thing if they can do that.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably true, Straightarrow, though Champion was doing just that, and was taken down by not paying for use of patented draw length modules. Kind of a trivial thing in terms of the entire manufacturing of a bow. It seems like both Kevin and Bowtech are claiming to hold the rights to the use of the Binary cam system. It would seem doubtful that both will end up getting equal access to the system in the legal system. Elite certainly has been (on Internet forums at least) pretty bold about pushing their designs, which may be subject to someone else's patent rights. I don't know the important info which is in dispute, but it seems unlikely that Bowtech and Elite will both continue to make and market Binary cam bows happily and without serious dispute.[&:]
Old 12-27-2005, 05:07 AM

Cetainly, if a company owes another money, and doesn't pay it, they could be in trouble. However, no one here knows that Elite owes royalties that they aren't paying. A court may have to decide that, but gossip is not going to bring them down. I'll interject the word 'legally'. "If they legally produce a good product..."

Quick Reply: Elite Archery???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.