Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Elite Archery???

Old 12-25-2005, 08:09 AM

Default RE: Elite Archery???

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Hopefully it pans out......competition is good and is the true innovator behind proven products.
Yes well said. I am glad they will be laminating limbs, that is a place where Bowtech scimped to save.
Just a ?. Not trying to start a huge fight, but does Kevin own the patent for binary cams or is it registered to Bowtech. Can someone look up patents and see if he registered it under his own name or Bowtech. Just wondering. Brian
Old 12-25-2005, 08:33 AM

I am pretty juiced about seeing what they come out with. Does it look like each cam has a draw stop?
Old 12-25-2005, 08:38 AM

my understanding is kevin owns the patent on the infinity, but not the binaries bowtech uses. i'm not sure how much of a change you need to make a different binary system your own. laminated limbs, yep!

thanks joepa, now its pretty easy to see.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:55 AM

Considering how Kevin burned his bridges and made some VERY bad professional decisions, it will be interesting to see how far he can go in this industry.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:01 AM

obviously there are some people out there, uh hum, who are going to try and make sure he doesn't go far by bringing stuff up all the time.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:15 AM

I'm with Len on this one and wouldn't be suprised if thesenever make it to market. Kevin is good at his job but patents and patent pending are there to protect the manufacture's rights. I'd also bet that the cams pictured were cut on Martin's machines, will Martin be in violation too?
Old 12-25-2005, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Lets say Elite has to pay a certain amount to use those cams, it generally doesn't cost all that much does it once you break it down toward added cost per bow? And as gibblet says, a variation may garner its own patent rights. I don't find the Binary system that revolutionary, not nearly so as revolutionary as a one cam compared to dualies.

If dealers will accept to sell the line, and the product they put out is good, the consumer may make the difference since they pay the money. I guess we will see.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:52 AM

Yes Kevin could of handled things much more tastefully. I am sure this is much more to this story than everyone knows.
I am by no means a lawyer or know anything about patents. But if this company can make a great product at a reasonable cost They will excel.
If you are going to let your emotions and personal feelings get in the way of you purchasing a great product then thats too bad.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:58 AM

I agree, also,, don't put the cart before the horse
Old 12-25-2005, 10:06 AM

Considering how Kevin burned his bridges and made some VERY bad professional decisions, it will be interesting to see how far he can go in this industry.
My thoughts exactly..........

I just have a real bad taste in my mouth about how he handled the whole situation......

Very unproffesional and filled with lies.

Time will tell.............and I also have my eyes on this bow line.......

The good news is that martin will actually have a bow that may benice soon..........

Quick Reply: Elite Archery???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.