Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ARE MUZZY 100 GOOD BROADHEADS

Old 12-17-2005, 09:58 PM

Default RE: ARE MUZZY 100 GOOD BROADHEADS

The new Muzzy heads that are supposed to be available soon look like they will compete with the other shorty heads on the market now

Old 12-18-2005, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used a number of heads over the past 25 years or so. After reading so many posts here by people who swore by them, I decided to give them a try. That was 3 or 4 years ago and I never looked back. They shoot the same as my fieldpoints and they're tough. Most of my deer have been down with-in 50 yards.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:09 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

I've shot 14 deer with the 100 3-bladers and have recovered all 14. A few went about 100 yds, but most were down in less than 75. Three dropped on the spot. Good blood trails.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

Here ya go.... http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1199527

There is some good reading in that thread.The best thing about Muzzy is their advertising team,and a catchy motto.They are OK,but not the best of the best as alot of people will tell you.Any broadhead will kill a deer with a broadside double lung hit.Really if you like them cool,but me,my friends,and alot of fellow forum members on several different siteshave had problems with them.Flight,penetration,grouping..etc...on and on.Still there are more people that will swear by them even though they have been let down with them.Like 2 of my friends who alone have lost a total of 3 deer,and 5 hogs this year.Whenthey shooed the buzzards away almost all of them were hit behind the shoulder.With the exception of 2 were gut shot(1 deer,1 hog),and1 was shoulder shot(hog),but only went 120yds.Without a bloodtrail however,and in thick brush they never could find them.Did you see Bad to the Bone 1?Half penetrations on broadside deer 25yds?Not for me.One guy had to shoot a deer 2 times to put it out of a slow painful death.Not for me bro.Even after all of my friends hardships,they still won't leave their muzzy....Some people like abusive relationships I guess.[8D]

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH,but all hail the mighty muzzy..HEhehe,don't hate me cause I won't get back on the bandwagon.Check some out for yourself.I hope they do work for you if you decide to use them.Make sure you have a good light,plenty of trailing tape,and possibly a tracking dog.Remember when hit deer like to make a circle,and run back where they came from.Just a few tips,incase you have success such as my friends have this year.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:17 PM

My first buck in '05 went 80 yards and fell over, the second buck went 25 yards and fell over and my wife's '05 buck went 50 yards and fell over. We didn't have to blood trail any of them,, pretty good performance and none of the bladeswere even bentMuzzys work and work well for us.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:27 PM

Ive been shooting muzzys for about 3 years now. I use the 4 blade 100 grain heads. I have killed 2 deer and 1 turkey w/ the same arrow/broadhead combo this season. So I say muzzys are good enough for me.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:34 PM

Are they the best? Well, as you can tell, that type of question can go 'round and 'round forever on a forum like this. Are they good? Yes! For a beginning bowhunter the KISS principle is golden. Muzzy and Thunderheads. Muzzy and Thunderheads. Muzzy and Thunderheads. Half the price...or umm at least you get twice as many. Simple. Effective. Me and all my buddies shoot either Muzzy or Thunderheads...when we make a bad shot, it's a nightmare! When we do our part, they do their's. 'nuff said. I'm getting off the soapbox now.

Old 12-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

HEHEHE!^I like that^ Yes,thunderheads are a great start.SUPER sharp!
Old 12-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

Ranch I don't need to read any other opinions, all I do is look in my freezer. I echo all the others, I shoot 62 lbs out of a Legacy and have never had an arrow stop in the deer. They always stick into the ground a few inches. I usually have to carefully examine the arrow after I pull it out of the ground to see if there is blood. The arrow has ALWAYS passed through and left an awesome bloodtrail. They shoot the same as my fieldpoints and are very tight. They will shatter shoulder bones, at least out of my bow theyalways have. I'd like to try others, but completely trust the Muzzy. I used Thunderheadsand Rocky Mountains also, which are also excellent, but they don't crush bone like the Muzzy.

Cybersniper

Old 12-20-2005, 07:32 AM

I don't care what broadhead you use if you have a marginal hit that is
when you can tell the difference!I have lost deer in my 20 plus year's of hunting and that is NO GOOD!!!But I have used a number of broadheads
and killed a bunch of deer with different one's.But I can say the Muzzy
product's are GOOD HEADS.The film that rack is refering to (the shot's
he is talking about) If you will look back at the film those shot's that
did not penetrate Where stoped by the opposite shoulder blade.
It would have took a 30 06 to penetrate both of the shoulder's.
The point is they found the deer!!!What kind of broadhead's do you use
Rack?

Quick Reply: ARE MUZZY 100 GOOD BROADHEADS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.