Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Timberline's No-Peep sight - need opinions

Old 12-13-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Timberline's No-Peep sight - need opinions

Have any of you guys tried this product and what do you think of it? All the sites I've found online only rave about it. I want to hear it from the actual guys who have used it.

My main concern is that because you have to look through the sight to the left of your string, that accuracy at various distances will be inconsistent. Let me explain - because you're looking down the bow from a point that is left of the center of the bow, it will also be left of the arrow. This now sorta becomes a situation like you have with a scoped rifle where the line of sight and the path of the projectile are different.Not only that,what about your actual bow string being an obstacle blocking your vision? I'm also concerned that moisture could blur the picture through the lens. Thanks for any feedback.

Here's a link to them: http://www.timberline-archery.com/np.asp

Old 12-13-2005, 04:42 PM

Default RE: Timberline's No-Peep sight - need opinions

I have one, I think they work great for hunting, but I shoot a tad bit more accurate with a small peep sight beyond 30 yards.

The great thing is this device can train you to have a more consistant anchor and grip. After using it for a while I don't even need a peep sight or the No Peep for shots out to 40 yards or so.

As far as not being in line with the arrow, it really doesn't matter. You will have to move your sights slightly to make up for it though. You can't just take your peep out and shoot to the side of the string with the same sight setting. I actually prefer it to looking thru the string, it's more comfortable to me. That is the only thing I don't like about using a peep, it is uncomfortable for my eye if I touch the string to my nose. I sort of have to cross my eye. I never noticed until I shot without it. The first time I tried it I thought "Wow that is so much more comfortable to look at my sights this way.

I walk back tuned mine afterwards though and all was well.

Paul
Old 12-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

I love mine. It makes you keep the same forum and grip everytime and if you are off it will let you know. I first tried it a few years ago and gave up on it but I never really gave it much of a chance two days if I remeber right. Bought a new one this year and after a few rounds of shooting I decided this thing is not coming off my bow. If you get one make sure it is the 3rd generation model.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:56 PM

I've been using an Ebay find for a month. Great, much better than a peep. Tubes breaking was getting OLD! I understand the 'parallax' issue you mention, but have not yet found it to be a problem @ 10 - 40 yards. I have it adjusted so my eye is just to the left of the string, trivial offset.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had mine for 2 years and haven't considered switching back to a regular peep. In fact I'm so comfortable with the no-peep now I could probably take it off and shoot without it.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:03 AM

i love mine.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dont like it , would use a hindsight way before a nopeep . I tryed both and much prefer the hindsight . For me it was junk , but you can see Im swiming against the stream here , as there are plenty who love it . I found it dificult to concentrate on that and my pin at the same time , while the hindsight lines up and is in your field of view , and not off to the side , or over/under your sight line , and teaches you about girp toqure the same way a nopeep does , and allows for some string and cabel stretch , that stock strings and cabels have . Mathews is famous for their junk strings , and Tom Maranda who shoots for mathews is hind sights most famous pro , has a hindsight model named after himself .

I liked the hind sight , hated the nopeep
Old 12-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I still have one on the compound. I like it a lot. It will show if you are off anchor by as much as a 1/32 of an inch I believe. It will also show torquing effects. But I do have one word of advice. If you use it and have the peep "shot in" and the no-peep is off to the right or left, do not get it in line by adjusting your grip.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think the No-Peep possesses any magical powers. It can, for a majority of shooters, provide feedback on anchor pt., grip torque, etc. If I had a choice of shooting with a peep or this device for hunting, I would use the No-Peep. As ijimmy mentioned, it is not in line with the sight, and requires checking to make sure you are lined up. For me, it was more than I wanted to think about at full draw, especially in a hunting situation. I have been using a small wrap (about 5 knotted wraps) with bright orange thread on my bowstring, which I line up with my riser, and vertically even with my 30 yard pin. It is easy to pick up and see if I'm right, without consciously looking at it. It seems to work fine for tree stand shots, and I've shot many 3-shot groups under 1", right on the blue spot of a Morel target at 30 yards, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with accuracy. (I wish I could do that all the time, but that is another story.) It also costs about $30 less than the No-Peep, but the orange thread manufacturer is unwilling to give me a sponsorship.[8D]
Old 12-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are positives and some not so positive things about the no-peep. It has been mentioned about the training aspect concerning ones anchor point. It does eliminate the need for a peep. Legal low light conditions were never a problem. If the instructions are followed accuracy is not a problem. For a lot of guys it is just what the doctor ordered.

There are some things I don't like about the no-peep (keep in mind no product is perfect). There is no "accountablility" with the no-peep. By that I mean if you look through a peep you know you have to line up the peep and the pins or your shot is going to go awry. Not so with the no-peep. You can fire that bow without ever checking the rings and not think anything about it.

Of course there are a couple of rebuttles to that scenario.

1. A guy should practice so much with the no-peep that he doesn't have to look at the rings to make sure they are lined up. While I would agree for the most part, there are awkward positions one can be put into during hunting where you must check those rings to be sure of an accurate shot.

2. Checking those rings should be no different than making sure the peep is lined up on the pins; just another form of checking things down when the moment of truth arrives. Again in theory that is true. However FOR ME, using my peripheral vision during this critical period drains my concentration and my accuracy suffers. It isn't just the no-peep I have had the same results with a simple level on my sight.

Again these are just observations that I have made after using the product that pertain to my particular style (or handicap if you will ). For many it will be a great "find".

Quick Reply: Timberline's No-Peep sight - need opinions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.