Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Timberline's No-Peep sight - need opinions

Old 12-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Timberline's No-Peep sight - need opinions

I've been shooting a nopeep by timberline for 3 years now and can shoot 8 inch groups out to 60 yards. I would never go back to a peep site cause it dosen't allow you to shoot at dusk in lowlite instances. I've had to pass up shot's at 15 yards at record book bucks because of not being able to see him through the peep site. I'll sacrifice the groupsto be able to make the shot at a record book buck in lowlight conditions any day. I'll give up my tight groups over a lose group to be able to take the shot than let it walk. But then again I would probably keep the peep to shoot in tourneys than the no peep, just for that reason,tight groups. Good luck fella's and shoot straight. To each his own. God Bless
Youngfart
Old 12-14-2005, 09:01 AM

I own a no peep and a hindsight extreme. To me the No Peep is a much better product. To each his own I guess.

Paul
Old 12-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I'd like to know is why you would be looking to the left of the string? I find that when I shoot without a peep and anchor correctly my eye looks to the right of the string. In this scenerio the string and bow window act as a huge peep sight as far as windage is concerned. I just naturally center the pin in the gap.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:57 AM

I've been using the no-peep since it came out. I found the more I used it, the better the product worked. By that, I mean that it taught me things that improved my shooting. I always bring my bow to anchor before looking at the no-peep. My goal was to have the bubble centered everytime without fail, so I could learn to hunt without using it. Well, to get to this point, I had to change the way I placed my hand on the grip and I had to adjust my anchors to more solid ones. Now, if I bring my bow to anchor, the bubble will be perfectly centered everytime. I still have the no-peep on my bow but it is not really needed, and I rarely even glance at it. This wasn't an overnight accomplishment. It took almost 2 years using the no-peep to get to this point.

I practice without a peep, year round. I shoot 3d without a peep, and I participate in my winter leagues without one. My scores are in the top 5%, which is something I could have never done 5 years ago without a peep.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:07 AM

check this thread out....
http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/tf/bg...p;FF=2#1871257
Old 12-15-2005, 05:29 AM
Typical Buck

I use a kisser with mine to further hone my anchor. I like it. I honestly have gotten so use to my anchor and grip, I hardly use it. like they say, you will get to that point eventually. (not really needing it)
Old 12-15-2005, 05:39 PM

I have been bow hunting for 26yrs with out a pep sight.If you have a
positive anchor point,Kisser button,And practice enough until you are
comfortable you will be glad not to have a pep to mess you up in the
stand!I have shot this way so much dont even think about it.Just draw back put kisser button in the corner of my mouth,look at sight pins.Pick
out the one i want and fire!works great for me.I am left eye domanent.
But right handed.My brother shoots the same way.He is right eye domanent.Right handed.His bow shoots right for me.Because of the different eye domanent.Try it you will like.If you give it a chance.Can be just as accurate as those with a peep.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:37 AM

I use it for 2 years, won't come back to classical string peep for anything.
I can shoot the 2 eyes wide open....great product

Old 12-16-2005, 10:55 AM

More than a dozen yay's with only one nay.

It's settled, I'm'a gones git me wonadem thangs!

Thanks again for the input guys.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

dohcrxl , pm me you address and Ill mail you the one sitting on top of my freazer N/C

Quick Reply: Timberline's No-Peep sight - need opinions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.