Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Two Piece Quivers?

Old 12-11-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Two Piece Quivers?

Anyone use them? Like them?I have a cheep noisey one piece and want to replace it. Thinking about stripping down to a two piece. Anyone have any opinions on them?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:20 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Two Piece Quivers?

I used to only useone piece removable quivers and still have one on one of my bows. Butmy hunting bow and backup both have two piece quivers on them. Having used bothI prefer the two piece design. I like the compactness of a two piece. For me they are more sturdy, silentand vibration free.

The only down falls I see are you have to put your arrows on before you huntand take them off when your done. Some bow cases will fit a bow with arrows attached but mine doesn't. At first I thought it would be a pain in the neck but it's not bad at all.The other downfall is you can't take it off. Some people don't like to shoot with a quiver attached. I always shot my bows with the quivers on so this was not a big leap for me.

Over all I like the two piece design and don't plan on going back to a one piece quiver.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:44 AM

Which brands do you use or have you tryed? Any reconmendations?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Site Bouncer

Timmer,

All of my bows are Brownings and they have a specific cutout in the riser to accept their type of quiver. My newest Browning however was made after they were bought out by PSE and therefore will also fit a PSE quiver as well. I think the design is whats important more so than the brand.

What bow do you have?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:15 AM

The bow I have is a Fred Bear TRX300. It has holes to fit a two piece quiver so I would like to find soemthing that is quiet and sturdy.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Site Bouncer

I have seen Fred Bear two piece quivers at Bass Pro Shops. I'm not sure what other brand quivers fit your bow, but if the PSE quiver fits, I can tell you it is a great quiver. Itholds the arrows very secure andonce the quiver is attached to the bow itwill not come loose unless you take it off.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Had one on my first bow a while ago. It was a Hoyt two-piece and I liked the way it kept the arrows flat and close to the bow. I stopped using them in light of detachables since the bow just felt better without that extra weight. If you get extra brackets and the right quiver, you can stalk, stand hunt, tree stand hunt, and travel with arrows ready. Just a thought before you decide on a style..........