Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Some Thoughts on Parker Archery?

Old 12-04-2005, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Some Thoughts on Parker Archery?

What are your thoughts on Parker Archery Products,

I know most of you read the Drw Length thread and I was at a local shop and was talking to the guy and said the parkers can adjust to my length with no problem. My neighbor shoots a parker and his draw is 23" My bow is almost as tall as him!
Anyways, are there any recommendations on what parker NOT to get. From what Ive seen they are a really nice bow. My buddies is super quiet adn very fast as well, and I think his is at least ten years old.

Thanks
Old 12-04-2005, 07:29 AM

Default RE: Some Thoughts on Parker Archery?

just say no.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should also look at Diamond and Reflex which are in the same price point.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Parker makes a great bow and they don't cost an arm and a leg either. They stand behind their products as well and have very nice people working in the CS department.

I shot their bows for 4 years before swithhing to Bowtech. I was completely satisfied with them and they performed right up there with the high end more expensive bows.

I had only two complaints with them and one was my fault was my fault. I ordered a phoenix 32 with out shooting it and it ended up being too small for me. I should have gotten the 34 or 36. But like I said this was my fault. The other is that I hate the rubber grips they put on their bows now. Opt for the wood grip.

Basically they don't have all the R&D and bells and whistles that some other bows have but they are a great solid work horse of a bow and will do everything you ask of them and do it better than most other bows out there.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:18 AM

They are coming out with a couple of new bows this year according to my local dealer.. The rep was in talking about a bow called the hornet I think. Two different options on it. One being a single cam bow that he didn't say much about the other being a Dual Cam bow that is for lack of a better description.. FAST. I think he said in the 330 IBO range. He didn't have any of the specs on the bow such as Brace, you can probably assume that it is well under 7, and he didn't have the ATA or anything else either on it. Had the price and I think it was cheaper than the Phoenix cam bows but I wasn't paying that close of attention since I am not looking for a bow now..
Old 12-04-2005, 12:46 PM

my personal experience with the company has come from working on a neighbors bow. i found their tech department severely lacking in technical knowledge regarding tuning their bows, strings for their bows, and basically anything i've tried to get help with. the guy, doug, literally said, 'well, i try and get the limbs kinda in the big round hole on the cam and mine seems to shoot pretty good.' now if i was asking jimmy down at the bait shop how he tunes his, that would be fine, but not the tech department.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:26 PM

My pro shop USED to sell them. All the time I spend in the shop I only saw 2 brought into the shop, and they both were brought in for a cracked limb. None for me thanks.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:54 PM

Before this season started, I wanted to upgrade to a new bow. I went a local shop and looked at the Phoenix 32.I liked the size and the draw was very smooth. The rep kept assuring me that it was "lightning fast" and he said it was 300 +fps. I ended up shooting it side by side with my old Reflex Prowler through the chronograph with the very same arrows... the ones that come with the package deal. The Parker shot 281 and my Reflex shot 280. Both were shot three times each. I liked the way the Parker shot, but I didn't buy it. I couldn't see paying for something that shot nearly the same as my old bow.