Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question for Walks with a Gimp

Old 12-06-2005, 12:06 AM

Default RE: Question for Walks with a Gimp

I haven't shot the '06 Allegiance but compared to my '05, the Tribute is smoother drawing with the smooth mods in place, waiting on the fast ones to come in. I was shooting the Tribute with arrows that are about 60 grains lighter than my '05 Allegiance hunting arrows and it was definately faster and more quiet to boot.
Shooting outside will have to happen sometime this weekend when it's supposed to warm up, it's 4 degrees below zero outside right now[:@]. If it does warm up and after I do the final broadhead tests,, I might get it bloody on Saturday or Sunday
Old 12-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow--it's hard to think they can get any quieter--my Allegiance is wisper quiet.
The smoother side would be alot better--the 05' Binary Cams does take some effort to draw (at first), then after it feels as normal as any other bow. Gotta get my hands on one pretty soon.
Best of luck, go get that 'notch'.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:39 AM

WWG- nice bow. Tell me about those offset mounts for your quiver...did you make those? I like them and would like to get some! Thanks....
Old 12-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Yes I made them. Could sell you the ones off the wife's bow,,, if I wanted to get my arse kicked[:@]
Old 12-09-2005, 06:07 PM

Firgured you made them. I also love my press that you made. Use it often. Another question. Still have my 03 dually- did you ever have a problem with the first shot going high? This does not happen with the binary, or the 05 dually I had made up (allegiance set up with 05 bk cams). Maybe a back wall issue? 03's are a tad sloppy. Maybe I am not as consistant as I should be....but just was wondering if you saw it. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:04 AM

My Duallys always shot where the pin was, just like all my bows
I still have an '03 black and pewter Pro 40 and '03 camo Patriot Duallythey are nothing like my Binary's though
Old 12-10-2005, 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: MizzoukiSpot

Firgured you made them. I also love my press that you made. Use it often. Another question. Still have my 03 dually- did you ever have a problem with the first shot going high? This does not happen with the binary, or the 05 dually I had made up (allegiance set up with 05 bk cams). Maybe a back wall issue? 03's are a tad sloppy. Maybe I am not as consistant as I should be....but just was wondering if you saw it. Thanks.
That's the problem with the dual cams, if they aren't timed perfectly you can get what i will call "sight rock" If you put a lazer on a dual cam bow's riserand set it in a shooting machine or tuning board and draw it, the last 1/2 inch of draw will show the lazer making movements on a distant wall if the cams are not timed perfectly. This can give you a false sighting if you creep a bit off the wall, Binarysstay in rotation with each other all the way back to full draw.