Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Old 12-02-2005, 10:58 PM

Default RE: YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

english, i don't know. prolly.

kevin, in all seriousness, i do go through a lot of serving.

josh, you were serving without a serving tool? wow, now that's dedication. how bad did you slice your index finger at the groove of the joint closest to the tip? btw, did the package i sent help at all? i tried to pm you to ask, but maybe it didn't go thru.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

John!

I'm very excited for you ,I'm sure glad to hear your getting your new machine ,But I'm sure it was a very tough decision since the price tag was so high .But congrat's to you and I'll be looking forward to trying your new product's in the future .Way to go buddy.
I hope this doesn't screw up our plan's for hunting together next fall .

nubo
Old 12-06-2005, 05:03 AM

no, no, no john boy, just trying to cement them. talked to larry last week and updated him. i think i'm going to see him in january, and hopefully we'll have some news. john
Old 12-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Giblet

I sent you a pm.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been ripped off. When I left here last I was a life member with 1001 post and I came back to find you and find I'm back to 998.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get back to me if your not too busy and there's no real rush. Congrats on the new rig.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:37 PM

its setup and running. i'm trying to get used to it. the springs don't tension the string enough. they're 140# supposedly which is plenty for 452x if i tension them for a little while around 180# and let the fibers seat, but i doubt its enough for 8125 without leaving them on the tensioner for a half hour or so at around 180-200#. one of the issues with serving seperation on 8125 is its not serving seperation caused by a poor serving job, but string stretch causing it. that's why i really like to get it tiiiiiiggggghhhhhhht to serve it. apple is sending 200# springs, the sooner the better. the serving really looks sweet though, specially when i do it in the right direction (i'm facing the opposite way i usually do). made myself the cable piece to my floating yoke setup and am making a string tonight. got 50 or so shots on the cable and it looks great. when the string (not the cable) comes back into the cam and around the posts on a bowtech single cam (infinity)- right there will show you what kind of job you got done.i'm going to shoot a good bit tomorrow and see how it holds up. they really take a beating right there, worse than the cable. so far the thing is slowing me down, but shortly it will speed me up tremendously, i can tell that.(and i hate to admit it does a more accurate job than i do as far as thread spacing goes, i mean they are jammed.).
Old 12-10-2005, 06:25 AM

i found a sale on some bcy serving that still has spectra in it and bought a bunch. i got 2 rolls of white. i figured nobody would want it so i used it on my string last night (which came out to long dangit, but i think i've got it now). wow, you can see through the white serving even better than monofil. i can see my white and blue twists under it. it looks cool.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to hear Gib ,sound's as though you might have that machine wore out before you get it broke in .LOL

nubo
Old 12-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get that thing figured out.....haha. I will have an order going your way soon for some sort of pretty target color string whenever the constitution finally gets here.