Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

T.R.U. Spyder Speed Silencer

Old 10-08-2002, 07:10 PM

Default T.R.U. Spyder Speed Silencer

According to information from the manufacturer, The Spyder Speed silencer is supposed to make your bow speed faster by 6 - 8 fps. They say that the speedball without the spyder will increase up to 15fps. I was wondering how adding weight to your string could possibly make it faster.. And if it works, why not put 2 or 3 sets on the string....??????
Old 10-09-2002, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: T.R.U. Spyder Speed Silencer

By adding weight to the ends of the string, you offset the weight near the middle and reduce vibration. It is no secret that this extra weight will add more speed to your set-up. Try it and see for yourself. Basic nock sets added to ech end will do. Thats what bow companies use on their string, standard nock sets with shrink tubing around 'em. I really do like the Spyder Speeds, they do not seem to add speed to my particular set up when used with the Spyders BUT I do not loose any as well. Speed loos is suffered from any additional weight you normally add to the string . Now when the speed balls are used by themselves, they do indeed increase your speed. I have not seen a huge gain like 15 fps but I have seen 5 to 7fps on many set-ups.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I tried them this year. I used the speedball with the syders. I didn't notice any change in trajectory or speed with them. And they really didn't silence bow bow very well. I went back to the leeches. the leeches really silenced my bow even though they will fly off the string soon, I'm sure.
Old 10-13-2002, 02:03 AM

use em love em and get 7 fps with em...

Hey, size may not matter but it sure IS nice!
Old 10-13-2002, 07:52 AM

I like them but they are kind of a pain to put on.