Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

"Shrink Wrap" Fletching

Old 10-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default "Shrink Wrap" Fletching

Have any of you seen or used this? I found a company called Extreme Archery (www.extremearchery.com) and they have "Shrink Fletch" kits. No glue at all.

If any of you have the Petersons Whitetail Bowhunting mag for Nov 2005, it's on page 37.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Shrink Wrap" Fletching

I have some right now that I got as samples. I'm planning on putting them on some GT 22 Pro's soon just to see how they work. I would not buy them in any event as I just can't see paying something around $15 for six of them. I have had a Bitz jig for decades and the price of these things will buy a lot of feathers/vanes and glue.

I imagine that they would be pretty slick for removing from the arrow. Just take a razor blade and slice down the wrap. Then uncurl the thing from your arrow. That also seems kida wasteful. If one vane gets messed up you either live with it or replace the whole thing.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

They look pretty neat i woudlnt mind tryign some out myself for poops and giggles, whered ya get the samples from?
Old 10-27-2005, 05:27 PM

IMO I think this is just another "gimmick" to get the "other than normal" bowhunter to try. I've seen them and wouldn't put them on my arrows for free. JMO
Old 10-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

they work, they are easy, and in a pinch, they're great. I like to fletch my own though, but I don't consider myself an 'other than normal bowhunter' thank you
Old 10-27-2005, 06:05 PM

Point taken
Old 10-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

wis bow,

I shoot or a sales rep and these were his samples from last year. They have four inch vanes on them, which I don't really care to shoot. I really like feathers, but I have them and I'll try them so I have an idea of their worth. Then when somebody asks about them I won't be just guessing and making rash statements.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

People use to say the same thing about mechanical releases.

ORIGINAL: bdu33

IMO I think this is just another "gimmick" to get the "other than normal" bowhunter to try. I've seen them and wouldn't put them on my arrows for free. JMO
Old 10-27-2005, 09:00 PM

^^^^True, true...maybe I should buy some stock in them???? Only time will tell.

Senario.....
regular fletching comes off or tears....Scrape it off, pull out the jig and glue another on.

Shrink fletch.....tear 1, or rip the crest, and you have to replace the whole thing, and you haveboil water or think of a shortcut...like over a flame. That could cost you over a season of shooting.

Dont get me wrong, whoever invented this thing will make some money...just not from me.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

These things are CRAP!!!! My buddy called me on the phone when he saw them as Basspro, I laughed and told him save his money. Well he didn't and now he realized he wasted the dough. These things are flimsy and weak. It gotfairly cool here last week (32) and in the morning they got really stiff and cracked by the time he got to his stand.They may work if somehow you got up and realized the fletch monster ate all your feathers and you didn't have anything else. But that is the ONLY time I would ever touch them.

Quick Reply: "Shrink Wrap" Fletching

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.