Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Changin Broad Heads What do you think?

Old 10-28-2005, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Changin Broad Heads What do you think?

I've been using Thunderheads for 16yrs and have never had a reason to change because they have always got the job done. They have tuned well with every set-up i've used. I agree with the others when they say "it's not the broadhead". I've been shooting 60# bows for yearsand have no problem with pass thrus on deer. I'm currently shooting 61# on a bowtech liberty and have taken two deer this year. One was a completepass thru and the arrow was sticking about 6" in the ground afterwards. The second deer was quartered away from me, i hit the elbow of the front shoulder breaking that, went thrutwo ribs and broke them then broke the opposite shoulder before coming out. The shaft didn't pass thru but it went thru all that bone and still managed to come out the opposite shoulderabout 2". The deer didn't go 25yds and fell over. The only damage to the broadhead was one broken blade and it had two pieces of bone in it. I changed the blades give a spin test and it's back in the quiver. I don't know why you're not getting pass thrus because at 67# you should be.

My take on the whisker biscuit is this. I think it's a good rest and does exactly what it's designed to do because if it wasn't there wouldn't be so many people using it, but....it's not for everyone.Igave it an honest try for about a month of hard shooting and it just wasn't for me.The rest was quite and simple and it tuned very easy and was as accurate as i could be with it. My problem was that my form isn't always repeatable and consistentand i have no doubt if you have a flaw in your form the WB is not as forgiving asother rest and will bring it out.I couldn't get consistent accuracy with the WB,it was great at times and bad at others. I'm in no waybashing the rest here because like i said it's an awesome rest, itjust wasn't for me.

Youneed to lighten up! When you come on a public forum asking for advise youshouldn'tget so offensive when you don't hear what you want to hear. It's just opinions and everybody has one and they're not always going to be in agreement with each other. We all need help from time to time or we wouldn't be here.

Arthur P has forgotten more about archery than i'll ever know and has helped me more times than i can count.He's no doubt very knowledgeable when it comes to archery and i'll take his advise and imput any day.
Thanks Arthur! Mike
Old 10-28-2005, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

All arrows, broad heads and field tips are hitting the bull from 10-25 yards. I am tuned in that way yes. As for paper tuning I have tuned from ranges of 5 yards up to 20 yards. There are no extra tears. Like I said, the proshops are baffled as well as my wifes cousin who got me into bow hunting. He has around 35 years of bowhunting experience. I do thank everyone for the help who didnt bash my equipment and thoes who did bash my equipment, thank you for trying. Ive even video taped my arrows and played them back in slow motion to see if there was something we are missing. Eveything is straight as it should be. My arrows are hitting straight there is absolutely no type of angle whatsoever. Arthur and Z i do wish to appoligize but as you can see this is very frustrating and I was just venting. Anyother ideas are greatly welcome. Thanks again.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like i said before,you prolly have awsome form at the range but in a hunting situation you lose it, this can cause bad arrow flight and might be what your expierencing. just a guess.