Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Any one using a No Peep

Old 10-05-2002, 01:20 AM

Default Any one using a No Peep

Can't get any info from people who have used this sight. I am looking for some kind of peepless sight. I think!
Old 10-05-2002, 05:43 AM

Default RE: Any one using a No Peep

I tried it, but took it off and am now shooting nicely without a peep. Nothing but a kisser and concentration on my anchor point. It's actually not a sight, just a device that sits above or below your sight bracket that helps you with your anchor. They are pretty popular, but not for me.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:45 AM

As sosowingshooter said, it's not a sight. It's an alignment device. I have one on my bow and I find it useful. I've shot so frequently now with it, that my anchor and grip have been trained to be more consistant, and I hardly ever have to look at it. I now use it more as an occasional check on my anchor and grip.

My opinion is that it's great for hunting if you are replacing a peep. Peeps have been known to fail in the field and they can obsure the animal, making it more difficult to pick out the kill zone. Some also find they don't work well in low-light situations. The no-peep won't cause you any problems in any of these areas.

Old 10-05-2002, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Straightarrow.
It is a great training device and you will see if there is any torque.
It is not the easiest thing to put on and set up but once it is on then it is not going anywhere.
For the first couple of weeks after you have it on you will be going back and forth between the no-peep and your pins checking to see if everything is ok.
But once you get your muscles trained for your grip and anchor point you will hardly look at it.
I have mine set above my sight and I can clearly see it in my periferal vision so I dont take my eyes off the target.
It is also great in low light situations I can still see the no-peep after there is not enough light to see the pin.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

AB Bow, well I agree with every post so far on this. I had one on and didn't reinstall it when I changed sights. I didn't need to. I learned a consistent anchor by using it. Now I have only a kisser and loop on the string, besides whiskers. Like Ausie said, it takes some work to install and set up. Once done, it makes a great training device.

Phil.
"Could you guys be quiet, my dad's trying to shoot."
Old 10-06-2002, 05:30 PM

do a search and you find a plethora of information on the no peep. TONS of people use them and endsorse them
Old 10-06-2002, 11:25 PM
Fork Horn

Seems the trend with my friends and on this board is that those who have tried the no-peep have liked it and it has helped out their form by making them anchor consistently. Some get rid of it and go back to a string peep but with better form. I still use mine and love it. It's worth a try but I wouldnt try it just prior to hunting season. It takes a little getting used to.

Cargo
Old 10-07-2002, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I slapped a no-peep on this year, and have only been shooting inside at about 10 yards since installing it.

I just got back from the range, the amount of light this thing gathers is incredible! I have mine mounted above my one pin (pendulum)and it shows from flaws like nothing else I've ever seen. Even when it feels like I've made the same draw and hand placement, I'm occaisonally still off. A quick glance at the no-peep allows me to correct my form, quickly, and because of it I'm shooting some of the tightest groups ever for me, sub 1" at 20 yards is the norm. A fabulous addition to any bow.