Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Check this vid out!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Check this vid out!!!!!!!!

man..i liked the broadhead...but shooting domestic turkeys didnt sit that well with me...i am sure that they made a good dinner, but geesss. anyway, that head waffled them. i would be scared to try it on a first archery hunt for turkey..i would have to have a few under my belt.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:17 PM

They used domestic birds to make the video in order to gain approval for legal use to hunt. It talks about it below the video.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

They'll work--but ONLY if shot from the head on down to the bottom of the neck. If you're planning on shooting at the vitals with this broadhead then you ain't going to put that bird in the back of your truck.

I think I've seen on a Double Bull video where a bird was taken at 35 yards (headshot) with the Guillotine, but that was one heck of a shot.
It's not (for me at least) to get several chances at turkeys, so whenever that opportuntiy presents itself,I prefer to play it safe andshoot for the vitals as against chancing a head/neck shot.

The Hyper Shock is one heck of a broadhead to use on a turkey. I've also shot them with the Vortex, GrimReaper (all expandables). I've only taken one with a Slick Trick (fixed head).
I find, the Gobbler Gullotine not that 'friendly' a broadhead to use. JMHO.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:48 PM

The head neck shot is not much smaller than the vitals on a turkey. If you know your turkey anatomy, you know the vitals are the size of an orange. With the Guillotine your shooting at a target(head) about the same size but your using a broadhead with a cutting diameter of 4"(Huge). I believe I'll give them a try this coming spring. Not that I don't understand many people may be skeptical.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:17 PM

well I finally got to see the video. Had to watch it at school. They are interesting but nothing I will buy soon. I would love to try one though.