Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is this a defective bow

Old 10-19-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Is this a defective bow

Hello all,
I am really dissappionted with my first bow. I bought PSE Whitetail Extreme exclusively from Bass pro shops. I spent over six there and then took it to the local shop who is suggested by many. Spent another to there so they could sight it in for me. All my arrows keep grouping right four and up four. They may of had only a twenty yard target though.
Also They sold me carbon fury arrows (360) ,11 gr. Im using 100 Gr. field points.Are these they right spine?
Old 10-20-2005, 04:24 AM

Default RE: Is this a defective bow

The only person who can acccurately sight in your bow, is you. It may be properly tuned, but you have to set the sights according to how you anchor and shoot.

To determine proper spine, the minimum we have to know is the arrow length, bow poundage, type of cam, tip weight and draw length. Err on the stiff side.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is this a defective bow

I havent heard of too many defective PSE bows comming off the line. PSE tests their bows extensivly.I have owned a PSE bow for 5 years adn will never buy another bow again. No other bow company has a warranty system like PSE. PSE will fix or replace your bow at no cost as long as youre not at fault. And sometimes even of you are at fault. Like bashing a coon in the head to get him off your leg and exploding your limbs. My wifes cousin did that three years ago and had new limbs shipped with in 24 hours to our local pro shop no questions asked. When he was done, he had new limbs, new cams, new cable and string, cost....0.00. His Mach 10 was upgraded to aMach 12. Now talk about warranties.