Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Eze Crest Wraps

Old 10-04-2002, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Eze Crest Wraps

I was thinking of trying these on my carbon arrows and was wondering if they work good bonding to the shaft and also the vanes bonding to them as well? How much extra weight do they add, and will it affect the FOC? I am shooting a 30 inch shaft, with 100 grain muzzy's and 3, 4 inch vanes. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Eze Crest Wraps

They are easy to install and bond real well to the shaft as long as its CLEAN.They add about 10 grains to the arrow weight depending on which company you buy them from.I don't shoot plastic vanes,so I can't help you there,our feathers stick to the shaft with the Saunders Bond tite fletching glue.

Old 10-04-2002, 01:00 PM

Use them all the time. Like ken rose said they add about 10 grains. Been using the same ones on my four hunting arrows for two years now. One arrow has passed thru its third deer and looks like new. I use feathers and have no problem gluing them. I've also put vanes on for some guys with no problem. I use Goat Tuff for my glue. Good luck

As long as kids are having fun shooting, I don't care if I shoot bad
Old 10-05-2002, 10:11 PM
Spike

Check the yellow pages for silkscreening or
print shops. A lot of these places will say
in their ad if they do bumperstickers. Give
them a call and ask them if they have scraps that
you can get. The bumpersticker material is the
vinyl type stuff that works real good with
Fletch-tite. Just clean the arrow shaft and cut
the sticker material to fit your arrow size.
Peel the backing off and roll your arrow over the
tape. I put mine in a drill after and used
permanent markers to dress them up a little more
while they are spinning.

Greg

Old 10-06-2002, 08:23 AM

I made up some target arrows with the wraps and they looked great, flew great and they stuck to the arrow well. The vanes stayed on well also. My only complaint was that after a lot of shooting they got pretty nicked up from other arrows hitting them and when you shoot a hole in one of your vanes I could'nt get the vane off without tearing the wrap a little. I would end up having to rewrap and refletch the arrow to get it looking good again instead of just changing the one vane. If I could just get my shooting buddies to quit using my nocks as the bullseye it would'nt be a problem. For hunting where you don't shoot an arrow as often I think they would be great. Just to much work for target arrows "in my opion".
Old 10-06-2002, 12:38 PM

Be careful if you shoot a shorter arrow. I shoot 27" Beman ICS Hunters with 100 grain heads. When I used the EZE-EYE's, my FOC got out of wack (~6.9 with and 9.1 w/o, actually measured balance point) and I proved that FOC matters. My groups opened up from ~2.5" to ~4".

After hunting season, I may go to 115 or 125 grain heads to compensate, but not for now...
Old 10-06-2002, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Brian_Mc
I have had a simmilar experiance. I shoot the same 27" ISC400. After I added the EZ crests I had to shoot a 125g tip to get my FOC back up to 12% where I like it. They are still spined correctly and shoot great.

Andrew
>>>--------->X<---------<<<