Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need some quick answers...please!

Old 09-28-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Need some quick answers...please!

I should have left well enough alone when I had the WB but it would not papertune. Took it to the shop and he said I should consider getting another rest after he tried to papertune it. So I bought one of those fancy dropaways, the NAP Quicktune 2000.

I have not shot a decent group since then, maybe one or two. I had been practicing since July and was pretty confident up until my switch. I have made so many trips to the proshop since then. The last time I went he took it out back and placed 2 of my arrows perfectly together 2 times. Its hard for me to admit that to yall since he showed me up on my own bow. I was doing that with the WB alot of the times but not now. I tried the bareshaft tuning and it hit near my fletched ones but did not go into the target like the fletched ones did. The nock end was angled to the right.

Shouldn't it go in straight and will this affect my groups? I shortened my draw about a 1/2 inch yesterday cause it was a little long. Its prolly set on or about 59-60pounds cause Ive made some adjustments to the limb bolts.
Im shooting 28" Easton C2 400's carbons with 4" straight fletchings. I just cant group well like I could and its pissing me off.Thanks
Old 09-28-2005, 01:27 PM

Default RE: Need some quick answers...please!

If the guy was able to stack arrows with it,there may be form issues.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:53 PM

Well Im thinking that too but still something seems wrong about it. I shot the bareshaft thru paper and here are the results. They are pretty wacky too BTW.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:53 PM

you are shooting to heavy of an arrow,try a 300
Old 09-28-2005, 01:56 PM

Ive been shooting that arrow before and had no problems, just when I switched rests. My pro shop guy picked them out for me which doesnt reallymean too much.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the worst time to install a new rest , especisly a fallaway , for the first time on a bow you are still "fiddiling" with . Id run back to the WB , and try the fallaway after season is over .
Old 09-28-2005, 03:07 PM

Im just gonna forget about what the bareshaft papertune looks like b/c it was my form. I think my problem is that I hurry the shot. I just went out there, CONCENTRATED, and put 5 arrows all touching. Now just gotta set my sights to broadheads b/c they are prolly not going to hit near my fp's but as long as they fly straight. Saturday's on the way!
Old 09-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

It seems you have some nock height issues. Try moving your nock set. If those arrows are shooting nock high you'll want to lower your nock a tad...reverse that if its nock low. I would also recommend setting the drop away so the arrow perfectly bisects the berger hole when upright . Then set your nock so your arrow is dead level. Start there then adjust to fine tune. You will probably end up about 1/8" above level. I think your left/right tears will clear up once you get the up/down figured out.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:58 PM

Im not too sure I know what the "berger hole" is. I also have a string loop so I cant adjust it without getting a new one. If it shoots broadheads good tomorrow, Im not going to mess with it. However if it doesnt, Ill work on that. Thanks