Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Setting Up Older Bow / New stuff on a Budget??

Old 09-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Spike

Default Setting Up Older Bow / New stuff on a Budget??

I have a Hoyt Provantage Rocket that was given to me two years ago and I am upgrading someof theequipment on it. (Took a nice bodied buck last year but struggled with keeping my arrows on the rest, and damaging the feathers on my arrows.)

Here are my questions.

I have added a NAP Quiktune 360 arrow rest, to eliminate the arrow falling off the rest when I need a shot,tuning should be fairly easy. Any suggestions from anyone that's used one?

I just bought (off Ebay) a used Hoyt 4 arrow quiver for on my Bow, to help reduce the damage to the fletchings on my arrows,I don't see any more mounting holes for it where does it go?

Love spending time in my stands, Can't bow season opens this Saturday in Ohio.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Setting Up Older Bow / New stuff on a Budget??

I just bought (off Ebay) a used Hoyt 4 arrow quiver for on my Bow, to help reduce the damage to the fletchings on my arrows,I don't see any more mounting holes for it where does it go?
Was the quiver a two piece or one piece? If it was a two piece then your bow may in fact not be tapped to accept that particular style of quiver. There should be two holes on the riser directly behind the limb pockets.
If it is a one piece design then you should be able to mount it if your sight has two holes tapped on the back of the mount.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

You won't find the type of mounting holes that PABowhntr describes on your Rocket. The ProVantage series bows had special limb bolt washers with clamps on 'em, made specially for mounting the 2-piece ProVantage quiver. Each end of that quiver had a straight stud that slid into the clamps on those washers.

Those washers had a reputation for making noise when the quiver wasn't on the bow, and they were often replaced with standard washers. Many ProVantage bows you find today will not have them.

Hopefully you got a 1-piece quiver that uses the standard sight mount holes. Most sight brackets have those same holes in them, and so the one piece quiver will mount directly to the sight.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Spike

I believe that it will have to mount to the same holes as the sights.

Here is the picture of it from the ebay listing.

I believe it is a one piece.