Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help tuning broadheads.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Help tuning broadheads.

hi,

I just switched from fieldpoints to broadheads and i am hitting to the left about 6 to7 inches at 20 yards. Fieldpoints where grouping dead on in about 3 inch groups at 20 yards. I shoot 60lb with whisker biscuit and carbons. Should i just move sight to compensate or is it a tuning issue. the broadheads are thunderhead 125. thanks and safe hunting
Old 09-26-2005, 04:00 PM

Default RE: Help tuning broadheads.

I just got done shooting and had the same problem. My broadheads were hitting 3-4 inches to the left of my field points. Ill prolly just end up moving my sights to compensate. I never had much luck getting my bh's to hit with my fp's. Although, I hear there are ways.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:02 PM

Since you stated you are using a wisker bisquit you cannot adjust plunger tension,so you can do 1 of 2 things.You can increase broadhead weight or increase the bow poundage by turning limb bolts a quarter turn at a time until you hit where you want.It would seem that your arrows are displaying a stiff reaction.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:01 PM

How does increasing poundage adjust left to right arrow flight? Ps I am not saying thats not right but just want to know dynamics of it. thanks phil
Old 09-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Hi there, there is a simple fix. 1st, make sure you have the proper arrow for your set up. Then, shoot your BH then your FP. The first thing you want to do is correct for spine. Move your FP to the BH. In other words, mover your arrow rest toward your BH. DO NOT MOVE YOUR SIGHTS AT THIS TIME. Move your rest in very small increments at a time. Once you have your BH and FP hitting on the same line ( your BH and FP may be higher than one or other, no big deal), then work on the vertical ajustment. Do this by moving your BH to your FP. Do this adjustment by either moving the arrow rest either up and down or your knocking point. Once you get your FP and BH hitting each other, you have a perfectly tuned bow. Believe it or not. The Easton guide works but is more in depth and does not work as well with some of these short, fast bows.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:16 PM

I forgot to mention i shoot left handed. Ps i just downloaded easton tuning guide.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:10 PM

The first thing you want to do is correct for spine. Move your FP to the BH. In other words, mover your arrow rest toward your BH. DO NOT MOVE YOUR SIGHTS AT THIS TIME. Move your rest in very small increments at a time. Once you have your BH and FP hitting on the same line ( your BH and FP may be higher than one or other, no big deal), then work on the vertical ajustment. Do this by moving your BH to your FP. Do this adjustment by either moving the arrow rest either up and down or your knocking point. Once you get your FP and BH hitting each other, you have a perfectly tuned bow. Believe it or not.
Im not questioning your intelligence but I would think that would make your bow out of tune. If you move your rest either right or left wouldnt he still be getting the same affect as far as his broadheads not hitting the fieldpoints? Im just asking b/c Im in the same boat as him and I am now afraid to move my rest since season is almost here and my fp's are finally grouping even though my bh's hit left.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds as if you need to move your rest very slightly to the right . That is if everything else is proper . You stated that you are a lefty , so you may be slightly under spined , a switch to 100 grain heads may be another cure .