Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech defender string and cable???

Old 09-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default bowtech defender string and cable???

where can I find out what my string and cable length is supposed to be?I can't read it on the sticker and there is nothing in the manual.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowtech defender string and cable???

I'd email Pat.(Bowtech_Shooter) He'll be able to answer your Bowtech questions.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Send Bowtech an e-mail, they will get back to you asap!
Old 09-25-2005, 09:35 PM

When I bought my wife's Defender in late February, I noticed two things about it that was different from my Allegiance that was bought in late December. The Defender had a red colored oval in the BowTech Logo and the cables were routed differently than my Allegiance. On the Defender, the cable that was connected to the post nearest to the limb fork on the top cam was routed to pass to the inside of the bottom cable. Also, the cable slide was "backwards" of the one on my Allegiance. The slide on the Defender had the "long" slot closest to the riser where the "long" slot on my Allegiance was closer to the bow string. I also noticed that my Allegiance had a bit more cam lean at full draw that the wife's Defender. I then re-routed the cables on my Allegiance to match those of the Defender and to invert the slide so the long slot held the top cable closer to the riser. This change made all the difference in cam lean on my Allegiance. I had just a bit,, really no more than on any of my single cam bows but the changes made what lean I had disappear.
In recently tuning the Defender for the wife, Isimply adjusted the arrow rest out a tiny amount to bring the left impact point of the Muzzys into the point of impact of her field points groups. In 32 years of tuning and shooting compounds, I've only shot bare shaft arrows through paper once to check my tune,
Guess what I got????? A 1/2 inch high tear. That's as far as I went with the paper test Really, if your field points and big fixed blade heads hit in the same place at all reasonable hunting yardages,, IMO you're ready to hunt
Old 09-26-2005, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brad patriot

where can I find out what my string and cable length is supposed to be?I can't read it on the sticker and there is nothing in the manual.

On the 2005 Defender the string is 53 13/16” and the cables are 35 ½” each.