Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Slick Trick Problems

Old 09-22-2005, 05:18 AM

Default RE: Slick Trick Problems

Thanks Joe, the arrows are relatively new but I have been shooting them with field points all summer long so the fletchings on some of them could be replaced. I had planned on buying another half dozen before the season so i think Im gonna pick them up before I even attempt to solve this problem. Unfortunately I work from 7AM till dark every night this week so there is no way I can get it done till saturday. Looks like Im gonna have to paper tune, and powder my arrows to check for contact. Hopefully I can find something, might just strip the factory fletchings and throw on some Blazers while I'm at it.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:52 PM

What sight do youhave on your bow?
Old 09-23-2005, 07:46 AM

Tru-Glo horizontal 3 pin system.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:04 AM

That site shouldn't be a problem.

I'm no expert, but the only thing I've ever heard of that opens groups up beyond a specific range, is excess drag. Do you have big vanes on your arrows?

The other thing may be a form problem. Grip torque or collapsing on the shot. When you are close, you subconsciously know that you won't be able to see the arrow fly, but at longer distances you may be peeking?

Good luck,
Allen
Old 09-23-2005, 06:20 PM

Ive shot factory vanes on the Terminators for the last couple years and havent had this problem so I dont think thats the culprit but you could be right on the form. Being that i was shooting the newbroadheads for the first time, it may be that I was concentrating more on watching my arrows rather than concentrating on my form. Tomorrow ill be shooting with my cousin so he can watch me shoot and see if he notices anything form wise. Thanks for the suggestions Allen. Im gonna get it straightened out tomorrow for sure. We already got a target setup to paper tune if need be. Ill let y'all know what i find out. Thanks again for all the advice guys.