Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

G.K.F. Golden Premier Drop-Away Conversion

Old 09-20-2005, 06:15 PM

Default G.K.F. Golden Premier Drop-Away Conversion

Hey there, I'm new to this forum. Just curious if anyone is interested in knowing how I converted my Micro Adjust Premier into a drop away without dropping $100. It was pretty easy too. Thanks
Old 09-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: G.K.F. Golden Premier Drop-Away Conversion

Welcome to the forums AR34.

I recently upgraded my GFK Infiniti to a drop-away using their conversion kit. Was a painless install and cost me about $25 for the conversion kit. I was really impressed with this rest before using it as a standard shoot through rest but it is even better as a drop-away. I'm going to pick up a second one for my other bow.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I turned my GKF Golden Premier into a drop away last season. All it took was an extra collar next to the prongs, a cord and twisting the spring on the spring tension into the opposite direction.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:07 PM

Yeah! That's it! OnlyI used a longer allen screw to tie ontoandsome cord and tah-dah. I kinda figured that this wasn't anything new (to convert a Premier), I just didn't know that GKF had actual "kits" out. And to think that I was on to somethin', eh. Ialso used launchersGKF made that are L-shaped, so the "V" holds the arrow pretty well without having to add some stick-on thing. Shootin' like never before! Thanks.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm, if I'd had known it was that easy to convert I'd probably have just saved myself $25.

One thing I did get with the conversion kit is a foamarrow holderthat sticks on the front of the riser and holds the arrow in place. The arrow stays put even while being drawn until the rest is engaged as you come to full draw. I'm sure there is some way to create something similar with some foam and sticky tape.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

One thing I did get with the conversion kit is a foamarrow holderthat sticks on the front of the riser and holds the arrow in place.
That was something I had not worked out yet. Maybe a bit of foam pipe insulation of a very small diameter?
Old 09-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I get home today I'll try to get a picture of it (if my camera cooperates ) and maybe you can use it as a reference to fix up something.