Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Oregon Bow

Old 09-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Oregon Bow

I have a Oregon Nitro express,i need help on knowing how to lower the draw weight orif someone has a manual for it,anyone that has a Oregon bow please help,Thanks in advance.

George
Old 09-19-2005, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Oregon Bow

Lunker, I shot an Oregon Valliant Crusader for some 15 years. Loved that bow, but the top limb stated to delaminate and I had to retire it. Before you reduce weight, check the spec label on the lower limb for max draw weight. You’re bow may be turned down now and the last thing you want to do is back the limbs out too far. If you are unsure have a pro shop check it out. To reduce weight, back the limb bolts out by turning them counterclockwise. If you turn the top ½ turn you must turn the bottom the same amount to keep the tiller even.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Sniper151,its a 70pnd max and i have only backed out the limb screws just 4 full turns,the cam has 2 spots for the string to go onto,im wondering if thats just to lower the draw lengh,its set at 28" draw lengh right now,also it has aluminum cams,thanks again.

George
Old 09-21-2005, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

In general 3 full turns out on both limbs is max , the exception being martin bows , with which 4 full turns is permited .

Be carefull !
Old 09-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

OK thanks,the only problem being i dont have the owners manual,so i dont know whats the limit,i havent even shot the bow yet i just got it from Ebay.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:47 PM

I saw an Oregon bow at the range a couple of months ago. It was a really beautiful bow. I don't know what model it is, but it was similar to the Golden Eagle. The kid that had it didn't know what he had. If it had been close to my DL I would have really tried to get it away from him.

Go online at History Talk section of Archery Talk. There will probably be a some people who be able to give you a lot of help on this.

Good luck,
Allen
Old 09-22-2005, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info AllenRead,its a Nitro express by oregon its a nice bow it has twin aluminum cams and solid limbs,i like it alot its just set too high of a draw and for me to practice id have to shoot it 3 or 4 times and wait a few till i can draw it again .But thanks for the info ill look into it.