Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Switchback cable stretch/wear problems anyone?

Old 09-12-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Switchback cable stretch/wear problems anyone?

[:@]Anyone have a solution or fix for the cable wear and stretch on the Switchbacks?I bought new in July and just replaced the cable with a Stone Moutain cable(I love the bow other wise).Anyone have any feedback from Matthews ,I emailed themearlier today 9-12-05.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Switchback cable stretch/wear problems anyone?

Generally speaking you'll almost always have problems with factory strings unless it's stated that the bow comes with Vapor Trail, WEinner's Choice, Stone Mt. or others on it. I can only state what I've read on a lot of forums, but Zebra's and Barracuda strings just don't have a very good reputation with most who know what they are talking about. You should be much better off with Stone Mt. I've only had dealings with ProStrings and Winner's Choice and they are both top notch.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have two customers with the same problem. I was hopeing the barracuda strings were better than the old strings, but their not.As BGfisher says, change to a good brand of strings.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those Barracuda strings are pretty pricey compared to the other Zebra strings. Almost double! My dealer quoted me a $60 price today. I think I'll have to look into something else.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:38 PM

yeah man i'd look into some good high quality strings if i was you..it may be a lot more but its worth the price..
Old 09-26-2005, 01:11 PM

TALKED TO MATTHEWS .THEY ARE SENDING A NEW CAM.(ONE WEEK BEFORE SEASON OPENS).NOTHING SAID ABOUT BAD STRINGS OR CABLE.THE STONE MOUNTAIN (CABLE) I'VE HAD ON FOR TWO WEEKS IS SHOWING SEPARATION AT THE CAM.I'VE KNOWN AS THE CABLE STRETCHES ,THE CAM ROTATES OUT OF TIME AND THE CABLE NEEDS A COUPLE OF TWISTS TO GET IT BACK IN TIME,FYI.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear you got the problem worked out. Hopefully you'll have no further problems once the cam is replaced.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:20 PM

I have been building strings for switchbacks out of 452x. I think it is the most stabil stuff out there. I build a 26 strand cable and a 20 strand string, I have not seen one move yet. The factory stuff is junk.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:07 PM

Yeah, I'm getting a lot of serving separation where the cable rubs on the cam. I'm not positive, but I believe Mathews has been replacing cables free of charge as a warranty issue. I plan on talking to Mathews about this... but not this close to season

some reading of interest...

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=216139&highlight=switchback+c able+separation

and

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=225175&highlight=switchback+c able+separation
Old 09-27-2005, 06:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Switchback cable stretch/wear problems anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.