Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bad cam?

Old 09-13-2005, 12:10 AM

Default RE: Bad cam?

Yep, I'd bet that your bow was dry fired before you recieved it[:@] Hope you get her going soon!!
Old 09-13-2005, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bad cam?

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

Yep, I'd bet that your bow was dry fired before you recieved it[:@] Hope you get her going soon!!
Unfortunately I think you're right. [&:] I can't find any sign of the bow being dropped. I mean this think is clean as a whistle and doesn't have a mark on it. If it weren't for this cam problem you'd not be able to tell the difference between this bow and a brand new one out of the box. Even theserving still looks brand new. [&:]

I don't think the shop was kidding when they said it had less than 20 shots. But if they didn't know the bow had been dry fired or misused I can't place the blame solely on them. When I spoke with the shop owner last night I did ask about the original purchaser of the bow. Apparently he is a state police officer and well known at the shop and they say he's a good guy. From what I was told the bow had been purchased for the guy by his wife as a surprise but when he got it he didn't like the grip so he took it to the shop to trade in on a new Browning Illusion.

Well, not much I can do about it now except learn from the situation. The shop said they can't do anything about the cam replacement but they did offer to send me a custom bow string to replace the factory string that was damaged. At least that would save me some money over that $60 Barracuda string. [:'(] Of all companies you'd think Mathew's would but a better quality string on their bows! For $60 I could get alot better quality from another string maker.