Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best Vanes?

Old 09-11-2005, 05:09 PM

Default RE: Best Vanes?

One word......Blazer
Old 09-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

It appears based on overhelming numbers Ineed to give the Blazers a try. Thanks for all the input.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am really liking the VaneTec vanes. No prep, stay on the arrow better than most, keep thier shape and they are durable.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:02 AM

BLAZERS!!
Old 09-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm also playing with the vanetechs, what size did you guys get??

I thought Iordered the equivelent to the blazers, but they look lower profiled, yet longer.

I also shoot blazers, but the vanes techs seam to glide througha WB quieter.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

I stick with 4in feathers.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I normally had been usinga 4" vane ,but decided to try the Bohning Blazer's ,I can sum it up in one word "WOW",these vane's are 2" and have subtracted 10 grain's from my total arrow weight .Because these vane's are stiffer than normal they fly just as well as my 4" vane's .

So I agree with most here that the Blazer's are the vane to buy.

nubo
Old 09-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

You could try flexfletch vanes,they seem to be ultra light but very durable! lot's of pass through's with no problems!
they have 15 styles tochoose from and 17 colors.
I use FFP-310 it's only 7.9 cm high and 2.5" long !
They have a new FLP-400 IBO hunter class 4" ultra low profile
and super flexable.
Check them out www.flexfletch.com
Old 09-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been doing some testing with various vanes to see which would work the best for my hunting setup.
I am Shooting A Parker Phoenix 34 with a Golden Key Futura Infiniti Dropaway Rest 26 inch draw at 57lbs.
I got some of the New Stiffer 4" Duravanes at the Archery Pro Shop I work at to test, Some of the 2" Blazers Vanes, 4" Arizona Vanes ... and the interesting one the VaneTec Super Spine 3D 2.3" Vanes... I have beeen shooting the Vanetec Superspine 2.3" Vanes for 3D ASA Tournament Competititons and they aided me in winning 2nd Place at the ASA World Championship Classic this year and after speaking with Chris at Vanetec and hearing that with the Increased Stiffness of the Vanetec Vanes I will be able to shoot a smaller size vane by using VaneTec Vanes with my Muzzy 100 Grain 4 Blade Broadheads and get better stearige, increased accuracy and a quieter more durable vane.... so I figured why not try shooting the VaneTec 3D Vane with a Broadheadinstead of using the VaneTec Vanes Designed for Broadheads.
The test revealed to me the noisest vanes in flight were the Blazer Vanes... I can only assume it is the rough pourace finish of the vane that may be the cause of the vane being noisey in flight as apposed to the smooth non pourace feeling vanes as the others are...The Blazer Vanes showed no improved accuracy over the VaneTec or Arizona or The New Stiffer Duravanes. The New Stiffer Duravanes were curling before they left the fletching Jig[:'(]and did not impress me with there flight... But were quieter than the Blazers.... The Arizona Vanes Performed well as usual and were Quiet in Flight ( Arizona Vanes are what I have been using for years in the past for Bowhunting and I have been very happy with them )...
The VaneTec Vanes SuperSpine 2.3WOW
The Arrows Fletched with the Vanetec vanes Flew the most accurate of all the /Arrows I tested and the improvement was extremely noticeable... Great Stearige and incressed arrow spinning... The VaneTec Vanes Were just as Quiet as the Duravanes and the Arizona Vanes......... AND THE MOST DURABLE VANEIHAVE COME ACROSS SO FAR!!!!
These vanes are the ideal vane for archers shooting with a containment rest such as the GKF Whisper Disk orthe Whisker B. They also fletch fabulously with the Fletchtite Platinum.
Whom would of thought that a VaneTec SuperSpine 2.3" 3D Vane would perform the best with a Broadhead out of the vanes I tested?[8D]
You can purchase VaneTec Vanes Directly from them or Lancasters also sells them.
IJUST WISH THEY WOULD MAKE A VANE IN
FLO PINKAS IT IS THE VANE COLOR OF CHOICE THAT I HAVE ALWAYS USED FOR BOWHUNTING.
VANETEC V-MAX
#1-888-572-5251
[email protected]
WWW.V-MAXBYVANETEC.COM

" Blue Ridge Backwoods "
...Everything Your Hunting For....
Monticello Illinois
Old 09-13-2005, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

LadyForge!

That's interesting as you speak of the noise issue with the blazer's ,since I've just started shooting them I found that they did stabilize my arrow's as well as any fletching I've used in the past ,and I also lost 10 gr off of each arrow I fletched .I've never thought of the noise issue at all ,I'll be shooting again today and I'll pay some close attention to this issue and get back later to post on my finding's .

nubo

Quick Reply: Best Vanes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.