Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit Users

Old 10-02-2002, 04:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Users

I had the same thoughts early on with my WB. Yes they do need some time getting broken in (bristles soften up) but what is more important is the quality of the vane and the install that is making the difference on my rig. I purchased 2 doz of the Cabelas Carbon Hunter arrows and promptly shot off the venes, both seperation from shaft and torn off the T. I hade the arrows revaned at a good shop and BINGO.....I have a good 100 passes on a set of 6 without a tear, although I do have some rippling on all the vanes it does not seem to affect the POI out to 27 yds
Old 10-02-2002, 01:04 PM

coolbrze0,

I've shot with the cock vane in all positions without any changes in flight. Just make sure that none of the vanes contact the frame of the biscuit when they pass through. I don't know what brand of vanes that everybody seems to have problems with but, I use Marco vanes and have hundreds of shots and not one iota of warping or tearing. Check 'em out at www.marcoarchery.com. Gotta get back to my treestand.
Old 10-03-2002, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I played around with the WB for some time a while back. I found it to be fairly accurate, and a pretty good rest. If you pick the proper vanes and fletching glues it will not pull off your fletches. Also white vanes are the least durable of any fletching acording to the WB website. If you go to thier website you will see they recomend a few differnt fletching types and adhesives. They also offer some tips on trimming the WB. If you are using the proper fletchings, and trim it up the WB is a very good rest for the bowhunter. I personaly prefer the Muzzy Zero effect as it gives me the absolute best arrow flight possible, but that doesn't change the fact that the WB is still a very good rest if used properly.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 10-03-2002, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using Beman ICS Hunters, 400 gr. I'm not sure what type of vains they have. How would I find this out, and are the vains on the ICS any good?