Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Liberty is back from the grave :)

Old 09-09-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Liberty is back from the grave :)

Finally got the Liberty back from the shop! W00t!

Some of you may recall the dilemma I had.. received the bow (used) with cracked limbs on arrival. Turns out, my local dealer came through and I didnt have to pay $150 for a set of new limbs, just for some labor.

Now I am looking for a good sight and rest for it. It will be my dad's hunting bow this year but after the season is over I am stealing it for my 3D bow. Any recommendations on a single-pin slider sight > $100?

I have a ripcord drop away on my Tomkat and want to try something else on the Liberty. I was considering either a drop zone or a VBG Kaz-away. Has anyone had problems with their drop-aways not dropping fast enough?
Old 09-10-2005, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Liberty is back from the grave :)

Wow, that's some sweet news. Make sure to remember how good that pro-shop worked for you when it comes time for new stuff. Did he have any sliders under 100?
My neighbor shoots a cobra and likes it. I shoot a vital bow gear pro-slide and like it as well.
There was a guy GIVING away a slider on the bowhunting page a day or two ago and lastI saw the thread no one had asked for it.

As far as a drop away not falling fast enough, usually it's more of a nock travel & tuning issue if there is any rest to fletching contact- not the speed of the drop.

AlthoughI haven't fooled with it, the new cobra drop looks interesting. In my experience the drop zone was a tad easier to set up than a trophy taker- but those are the only two I've fooled with.

I hope your dad enjoys it!
Old 09-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Any recommendations on a single-pin slider sight > $100?
How about the Impact Cosmic Eclipse...or whatever they are calling it this year. Either that or one of the HHA or TruGlo models.

As for the dropaway...I like the drop zone out of the two you mentioned.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an impact cosmic single pin and on a bear hunt this past week it gave me at least an extra 1/2 hour of shooting light compared to the Spott Hogg ( 3 times the price of my cosmic ) that my buddy was using. As for a rest I love my APA Twister Safari drop away. It's full containment, great for hunting.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the drop zone, I've been using it for a year and a half now and have had zero problems.