Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Looking for a new bow.

Old 10-04-2002, 07:48 AM

Default RE: Looking for a new bow.

A lot of good bows out there. the bowtech patriot, Pro 38, mathews Icon & Legacy, Parker UL31, PSE Nitro. all are good, look at them & pick the one you like best. you won't go wrong with any of them.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:09 AM

http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowselection.htm
I don't think there is another place with so much information about every bow out there in the market.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I am looking to buy a new bow. About 5 years ago I had a McPherson drean Classic. I had it shooting about 310 fps @72lbs, 31&quot;. The bow was pretty easy for me to shoot, but was loud, & I was always having to adjust & tighten things on it. I am now looking for a accurate, quite, fast bow. I am looking @ the Bowtech Patriot & BK II. My brother just bought a Mathews Legacy, I like it alot, but I don't know about the speed it can produce. Is the brace height on the BK II going to be very diffecult to shoot with? I plan on being @ 70 lbs, 30&quot; draw, carbon or ACC's, release aid.

Also where should I be in KE to shoot mech. heads?
Should I shoot mech. or fixed?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 10-04-2002, 11:30 PM

Shot it about 50 times today. The martin speed rest came lose twice. I think I am going to put a Bodoodle Pro Lite on tommorow. Biggest prob is the peep sight alignment. I am not using a loop or rubber tube. I have the largest diap. hole I could find. Added issue is my right eye sight is horiable (21/50) even with my specs on. Any ideas, should I go with a loop, or peepless. I looked @ the No Peep today & the guys in the shop were no real sure about it. A target guy was watching me shot & said that I needed to go with somthing like a Scott release instead of my Winn Free Flight. That loop doesn't match up with the Winn release well.

71 lbs, 29&quot; draw (still waiting for 30&quot; mods) ACC 3-60's 75 grain tip. With a peep, knock & eleminator button on the string it screams. All the other guys @ the indoor range were watching me blast The Block target @ 20 yrs. Other issue is, getting the arrow out of The Block, I was using two hands.

Still need input on a sight. I am using my brother's Trophy Hunter Matrix 5 pin currently. 5 pins is to many for a sight in my opinion. He is using the Cooper John Dead Nuts & is unsure about it, he thinks it might be making some noise on his Legacy @ 62lbs, so I think on my 71lb BK II it may be worse.<u></u>