Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

limbsaver question

Old 09-09-2005, 01:47 PM

Default limbsaver question

Well, I was getting ready for tommorow (opening day for GA) and I was shooting. As I was shooting suddenly I saw something small hit the ground I thought it was just a acorn or something , so I ignored it. But later I realized that it was one of my limbsavers. It just sort of tore apart at the base. I bought the bow used and they were already on there, or else I wouldn't have any on my bow. But now the base of the limbsaver with all that glue is still on my limb, and I have no idea how to get it off with out damaging the bow. Or will hurt anything to just stay there? Are these things worth replacing?
thanks
Old 09-09-2005, 01:59 PM

Default RE: limbsaver question

They are worth replacing. But I'm no tech guy, so gonna have to wait for the experts on technique.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

use mineral spirits it will take the glue off and not harm the paint.been there quit a few years ago when they first came out.the new ones now stick alot better.when I worked in a pro shop by me we used to super glue them on.you may have some old ones.hope this helps.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just take a knife and carefully peel it off. It should come off all together. The plastic base isn't gonna break or anything. At most you will have some sticky residue to get off. That is unless someone super glued them on. In that case you should slap the guy that super glued it on there cause now it is a real PITA to get it off with out damaging the finish.

If it is super glued on then try some of the super glue removing agents.It dissolves the glue but I don't know what it will do to the finish of your limbs.

Never super glue anything to your limbs that you may need to replace one day. Or put it on your string either. Sorry Brad.

Yes they are definetly worth replacing. But replace both of them att he same time.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Use a duller jack knife to scrape the excess glue off the lims and use rubbing alcohol to remove the rest. It will not remove the paint from the limbs.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just take a knife and carefully peel it off. It should come off all together. The plastic base isn't gonna break or anything
I agree...as mentioned, provided they didn't use super glue. Then you are basically up the creek without a paddle. I would also definitely replace them as I believe they work wonders for noise and vibration.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Unless super glue was used you should be able to soften the adhesive with a blow dryer set on high and then peel off the base. Any residue left behind will come off with mineral spirits or WD-40 .