Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new bow problems

Old 09-04-2005, 11:59 AM

Default new bow problems

I have cranked up the lbs on a new MightyMite it has a muzzy zero effect drop away and the arrows are 350 grains with a 85 grain tip. When I cranked up the draw weight from 60 or so to 70 the arrows now shoot extremely low. Any ideas on what the problem is?
Old 09-04-2005, 12:43 PM

Default RE: new bow problems

What is your draw length? What type and size arrow do you shoot?

You may be underspined, butI would wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well chances are ya picked up a bunch of speed and she's shooting alot flatter.prolly 20 FPS plus on a MM.

I'm not fam w/ the MZE though...perhaps the difference in cable slide travel is causing a problem...how is the arrow flight?
Old 09-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zak123
You may be underspined,
Good observation Zak.

This very well could be (and probably is) a problem unless you were quite overspined to begin with.

Need specs. Arrow..draw length, whats on the string, etc
Old 09-04-2005, 05:05 PM

shooting a loop? probably slipped and now your nock is high, check your centershot
Old 09-04-2005, 08:47 PM

lets see the arrows are 27 1/2 inches long and I can't for the life of me remember the brand. However they shot fine with the HCA at 70 lbs, I do remember getting them spined for 70 lbs and 27 1/2 inches. I do not shoot loops I have the knocking point doubled up, two brass knocks for no slippage. I have noticed some fish tailing in my shots "I THINK". Also I double checked the Muzzy Zero tonight and notice the stop screw was not hitting the stop plate. I have re-tightened all the screws bit can;t figure out why a lower shot when I raised the draw weight. My draw lenght is 29" and at the current time I am not using a stabalizer, but plan on getting one by tuesday afternoon.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:03 PM

I would also checkthetiming on your dropaway, may have changed with your adjustments. just a little difference will make your arrow**** high or low because your rest is falling faster or staying up longer.

Billy
Old 09-04-2005, 09:06 PM

You could have been overspined at 60 lbs, which could cause your arrows to hit high.

Well when you raised the poundage from 60 to 70 you signifigantly decreased the brace height of the bow. This decrease in brace height also pushed the cables foward. The cables being more foward pushed your MZE down more so now when you draw the bow the MZE is starting out lower and not stopping as high as it did before you adjusted the poundage.

So with the MZE arm sitting lower at full draw the arrows are pointing downward and thus hitting lower on your target.

To remedy this problem you need to remove the arm from the cable clamp and unscrew it one full turn at a time until the stop screw is again just making contact with the stop plate.

Oh, I see bigbulls copied and pasted my answer. Some people just can't accept the fact that others know the answer too. [8D]
Old 09-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well when you raised the poundage from 60 to 70 you signifigantly decreased the brace height of the bow. This decrease in brace height also pushed the cables foward. The cables being more foward pushed your MZE down more so now when you draw the bow the MZE is starting out lower and not stopping as high as it did before you adjusted the poundage.

So with the MZE arm sitting lower at full draw the arrows are pointing downward and thus hitting lower on your target.

To remedy this problem you need to remove the arm from the cable clamp and unscrew it one full turn at a time until the stop screw is again just making contact with the stop plate.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:51 PM

You know bigbulls, I could copy and paste your reply in my post so I can get the credit. Your lucky I'm in a good mood!

Quick Reply: new bow problems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.