Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another Post on Slick Tricks!!!!

Old 09-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Another Post on Slick Tricks!!!!

Ok early this year I heard everyone ranting raving on the slick tricks and I bought a pack. I liked them alright but couldn't get them to fly perfect. So naturally I thought that it was just hype. Well I was wrong!! After buying several different broadheads I finally got each of them out and compared them tonight.The three broadheads I have been wrestling with were all 100 grains, and they were the 2 blade Magnus stinger the Spitfire, and the Slick Tricks. They all shot great!!! I shoot a lot and I practice at longer distances than I will usually shoot at in a hunting situation. I had a three inch group at forty yards constantly shooting them one right after the other. So all this to say the deciding factor for me is that the Slick Trick is 4 Blades and shoots awesome. When it came down to it I loved how the Stinger flew but not the 2 Blade design. I loved how the Spitfire flew but I'm for whatever reason not crazy about Mechanical Broadheads. So it was the Slick Trick winning me over!!! Awesome flight Awesome 4 blade Design and great penetration!! While all are quality heads and all would be great heads to hunt with; it is the TOTAL PACKAGE that the Slick Tricks proved to be that made me come home tonight and order 4 packs to use for my soon to open Deer Season!!!
Old 09-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another Post on Slick Tricks!!!!

Why not the 4 blade Stingers?

I also had accuracy problem with the slicktricks at first. Then on a second attempt to see what all the hype was about I gave them another shot AND READ THE DIRECTIONS-doh! Believe it or not The wobble trick with the washer described in the directions is neccessary (or at least it was for me)[8D]. Silly directions.
Now that I'm using them properly I agree they provide awesome flight characteristics for such a wide cut.

But I will also be carrying some Phantoms & 4 blade Stingers
Old 09-02-2005, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DaveC
Why not the 4 blade Stingers?
My thoughts exactly. That's what I shoot. I got the 4 blade Stingers and the Slick Tricks, and both are incredible broadheads. I will use either one for different conditions.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

The magnus heads are way sharper , 3 times as sharp compared to slick tricks in my oppinion , and this makes a huge diferance with this head because of blade angle , very diferant between the two . When you talk about penitration , is that on an animal or foam ? I had a problem with the slick trick slideing along a rib before grabing and penitrating , and others have had similar things happen with the first incarnation of this head , they were nowhere near sharp , the curent version is sharper , but still needs work IMO . If you want to use them get them deadly sharp first .
Old 09-02-2005, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot at a cheap styrofoam target with the Stingers, Slick Tricks, and some old Thunderheads that I still have. The Stingers slice through the styrofoam with the precision of a heart surgeon - they are like a 4 blade surgical scalpel! I mean, holy crap are they sharp! [&:] The Slick Tricks are not as sharp and probably not designed to be, but they punch through the styrofoam and hit with the force of a mack truck!

Both broadheads will work well, IMHO, and are incredibly accurate.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:21 AM

montec G5 ....nuff said. Don't like having to replace blades
Old 09-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

Why not the four blade stingers? Basically the only reason is that I did not have them. The local pro shop only sells 2 blade ones. He could order them but I haven't told him too.