Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TEN POINT ACCUDRAW INSTALLATION

Old 08-29-2005, 11:50 AM

Default TEN POINT ACCUDRAW INSTALLATION

Hi guys,

I decided to extend my hunting season by another 2 weeks and got myself a TenPoint crossbow. The bow I bought did not have the ACCUDRAW cocking system. I found one for dirt cheap on another stock and need to remove it and place it on mine. I can't seem to figure out how it comes apart. I have removed all the screws but it won't come apart. Can anyone offer any insight ? I'm wonering if I need to knock out any pins or if it's a magnet or whatever. Please help.....

Thxs
Old 08-29-2005, 09:42 PM

Default RE: TEN POINT ACCUDRAW INSTALLATION

Depending on how old the unit is will determine how much trouble you have. The earlier versions have pins that have to driven out to remove a spool. The newer versions have a bolt that has to be removed.

When you do get it apart, it will probably 'explode' on you unless you 'fixture' it properly. Even when you get it back together, there are timing/synchronization/finite adjustments that have to be made to make it work properly.

It's not an easy jobfor a novice. Even if you have detailed instructions, it's still a difficult job.

Good luck.