Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Custom No Peep Bracket

Old 08-27-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Custom No Peep Bracket

I made this new bracket for my Allegiance to get it in-line with my sight pins and below the pin guard

Old 08-27-2005, 10:22 PM

Default RE: Custom No Peep Bracket

Heere's another look.

Old 08-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice wwag! If I didn't know any better I'd think that was a factory bracket.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Explain what you use it for again please.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:15 PM

I don't shoot with a peep sight in the string and have just shot with a kisser button for more than 25 years. The No Peep is kind of a replacement for a peep sight but it also will show if you're torquing the bow. It's kinda like a little prism that has a dot that is centered in a circle of reflected light, looks like a lunar eclipse when centered and it's very sensitive to your eye position at full draw. I wanted to make a bracket that would position the No Peep in-line with my sight pins and string so I could see it better than when I used the stock mounting bracket. The stock bracket positioned the No Peep inside my string/sight pins alignment plane and covered my sight level.

This one works much better for the way my sight is set up
Old 08-28-2005, 07:01 AM

that looks awesome russell. i was having the same issue with my level, but i went back to looking down the left side of my string and that cleared it up. also cleared up my cocking my neck over a little bit and my shooting straightened right up.

but boy oh boy, it sure looks like you over did your center serving. i mean, do you really need all that? LOL. it looks like with your nock and release on there there's got to be an extra 1/2" of serving there. do you really need that much?
Old 08-28-2005, 07:03 AM

oh, wow, did you make that rest? is the cord/string over on the right connected to it? i'd like to see some pics of that and a little explanation of how it works if you ever have time. looks cool!
Old 08-28-2005, 09:09 AM

That's my rubber kisser button in the picture that is above the center serving.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:12 AM

Nice work, wwag! I've been thinking about doing something similar with mine.

And, please, tell us more about the rest! That thing is very, very cool. Did you make it yoruself or have it custom made for you? I haven't seen anything like that before. It looks like it attaches directly to the upper cam. Wow. What a great idea!

Old 08-28-2005, 08:51 PM

The actuation cord is tied to the upper limb fork with two zip ties. When the bow is drawn, the limb comes down toward the rest and slackens the actuation cord allowing the lift spring to raise the launcher and arrow until the launcher stop contacts the launcher.

Quick Reply: Custom No Peep Bracket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.