Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I Really Need Help Please!

Old 08-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I Really Need Help Please!

Were you shooting the same vanes last year ?
Try some 5" feathers and see what happens
You might allso try adjusting your grip , grip toqure is the bane of many archers , myself included , and magnifies itself when shooting broadheads .
Old 08-29-2005, 09:55 AM

I was shooting 4" vanes last year, and this year, but now I switched to blazers to try something different.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with my grip, but I guess I don't know that for sure. I always hold my hand open, and just let the bow sit in the crotch of my hand there. You can see it if you torque the bow back and forth, and I usually hold it good and straight.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:43 PM

no ideas anybody??
Old 08-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Check out your arrows and not the bow. Sounds like spine, insert, or the likes.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:56 PM

Try this link on tuning a mathew's bow.
http://www.lawleroutdoors.com/Article.asp?Article=Single%20Cam%20Bow%20Tuning&am p;Call=Hunting/Hunting.asp?Game=Archery
Old 08-29-2005, 08:16 PM

Well I pretty much give up. Tonight I tried setting it up like the link carreracf posted explained, moved the rest exactly as suggested, and tried paper tuning, with the same results as always. The fletchings hit High and Left. I had to move the rest way to the right again before they would line up, and bad broadhead flight.
I tried backing off the tension one turn at a time to see if it was a spine issue, but I got about 4 turns out on top and bottow with no results.
Im going to call the shop tomorrow and see if they will help me I guess.

just curios, can you move your rest up and down insted of the knocking point like it always suggests (opposite direction of course) or is it critical that you move the knocking point and not the rest?
Old 08-30-2005, 06:17 AM

If you are using a loop you might check for nock pinch.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:05 AM

Try some 5" feathers and see what happens
I was shooting 4" vanes last year
the blazers have a high profile, when your having trouble you have to consider fletch contact. I put lipstick on the fletching's edge and then shoot and see if any transfers to the rest or cables or bow. If I were having as much trouble as you i would try a last years arrow for test. if it worked better I would look at fletch contact.

good luck...

Old 08-30-2005, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

I think it is the blazers too,alot of the guys I talk to are having problems with them.See if you could borrow one of your dads arrows or use one from last year.I really think that's your problem.I would go with a 4" vane,but that's cause I don't like feathers.See if that works,and if not we'll try something else.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:38 PM

I was using last years arrows all along. When I coudln't figure this problem out, I decided to refletch with the blazers to see if they would make a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.