Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Feather OR Plastic Fletchings

Old 08-25-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Feather OR Plastic Fletchings

I have always used Plastic Fletching but I just wonder how good Feathers are? How long will they last?
Thanks for all answers
Old 08-26-2005, 09:12 AM

Default RE: Feather OR Plastic Fletchings

Personally, I've seen no significant difference in accuracy when trying feathers. Also, the feathers are not as durable and I strongly advise not to use them if you are shooting through a whisker biscuit.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Feathers stear an arrow better and are more durable than vanes . While they may get wet and lay down if you have not treated them corectly , you can put a hair dryer on them and fluf them right back up , you cant do that with a ripped or mangeled vane . another plus is their lack of weight , which gives speed and helps foc .
Old 08-26-2005, 03:00 PM

this is a question i've asked in the past myself, i have gotten good reviews on the feathers, but the upkeep seems to be more than with the vains. I shoot the WB and it seems to tear vains up slower than feathers
Old 08-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer feathers for both hunting and competition. They are more durable and will not break down as fast as vanes. Quite often the vanes will start to curl or get a ripple after repeated use. This will definitely decrease the spin performance and slightly reduce accuracy.