Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight Level Question

Old 08-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sight Level Question

How many of you pay attention to the bubble level on your sight? I noticed on mine it is not level when I shoot but I can still hit where I am aiming.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sight Level Question

I try to look at mine, but I find that my natural hold, is off level. I shoot the same no mater if I am level or not. I do find that it takes me longer to get my shot off if I try to level up.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

You should make an attempt to keep it level. Look before you shoot if off rotate unitl it is level than try and remember how that feels. After a few rounds of practice you'll find yourself real close to being level all the time.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:25 AM

This is my first year shooting a sight with a level. Initially, i had to make a significant effort to get the bubble level when i started in June. However, I now am drawing and the bubble is level because I've gotten used to holding it in the level position. I think it is a very useful tool because i have seen a significant increase in my horizontal accuracy by not having to worry about torquing it anymore. This was a problem I had with my previous bow and sight.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:37 AM

I got a level on my sight and got into the habit of drawing, looking right at the sight because i am always canting a little to the right, straighten the bow out look up at the pin and then release. It is actually turning into a little ritual that seems to get my shots on target with tight groups out to 50 yards.