Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Maxed Out My Sight

Old 08-23-2005, 06:52 AM

Default Maxed Out My Sight

I switched from Quikspins to Blazers over the weekend. I also switched to a different peep sight and after doing both i shot my groupings and they were about 8" high. However, my sight was maxed out vertically and i couldn't move it anymore. I then went to the proshop and they moved the kisser up for me to change my anchor a bit so it would shoot lower. However, I am still about 3 - 4" high on my groupings. Any advice from the experts?
Old 08-23-2005, 07:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Maxed Out My Sight

Short of getting a new sight.......

Speaking of which, what type of sight are you using? Some times the sights come with a series of different mounting holes for the sight bracket to be repositioned into. They are typically hidden behind the mounting bracket and cannot be seen until you actually take the sight bracket off of the base. Just a thought.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:50 AM

I also switched to a different peep sight
Your sight is fine...you just need to adjust your peep.
Peep sight AND a kisser are redundant IMO too. One or the other are all you need.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:54 AM

I am using a Tropyh Ridge Mantis Pendelum sight.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same trouble w/ my TR Micro Mantis...only it is shooting low....I have it so it works fine, but if I were to lower it anymore my fletchings would hit the bottom of the sight. I wonder what causes the arrow and the sight to be so far different.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:12 PM

Same thing. Lower your peep a bit.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you thought about lowering your anchor point.That will bring your site down to normal again.
Have you changed your anchor point with the new peep and kisser?
Old 08-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Site Bouncer

Peep sight AND a kisser are redundant IMO too. One or the other are all you need
I agree both are designed to do the same thing....obtaining an anchor point. If you are looking through your peep and you have the front sight centered you are about as anchored as your gonna be. At that point you just need to keep your release hand in the same position for every shotand there you go.

Now getting to your problem. Your peepshould be somewhere between 4-5 inches above center arrow. This should allow for enough room to get you sighted in. I would lean towards the problem being with the new peep before the fletchings. If all else fails a sight riser may be needed to moveyour sight up,or buy anew sight. But I think it has to do with the peep position.

good luck, I hope you figure it out.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:33 AM

I actually changed which holes that the sight was mounted to, and moved the sight forward. I saw good results last night after doing so and am on the money now. Thanks guys.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:18 AM

When he moved your kisser button did he move your peep as well? He should have. And I agree ditch the kisser button, or the peep. You don't need both. Most people don't use a kisser button correctly any way, so I would ditch that.

You should not have to move your form to match your peep sight. You should be able to draw comfortably with your eyes closed, then open them and the peep should be right there lined up with your eye. If it isn't I would move it.

However if you run of sight adjustment changing your anchor is a solution, it will feel funny at first, but you will get used to it. Lots of blind bale shooting will help.

Good luck,
Paul