Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophie Ridge mantis hunter

Old 08-22-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Trophie Ridge mantis hunter

i purchease a trophie ridge matis hunter friday because i was planing on doing alot of stand hunting,,well i got into stand today to take a few practice shot and i was shooting pretty high no matter where the target was at,,i dont no what to do,,is it because bow is to slow??possiblydo not know what speed is but it is prolly pretty slow,,how would i compensate for it if i could??,,any suggesion,,also the sight does not seem to swing freely,how could i correct this??
Old 08-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Trophie Ridge mantis hunter

1st off.. congrats on purchasing an awesome sight... one of the only Trophy Ridge sights that I even like (don't care for the vert pin models)...

Well if you consistantly hit high at all yardages.. I'd say that you need to move the sight up just a bit.. till you hit where you are aiming.

I know that they suggest that you sight in at 25yds on level ground... but no 2 bows are the same.. and your bow may need to be sigted in at 10,15,20,30yds ect to hit where you're aiming from the tree. So I'd suggest that you make the needed adjustments so that you hit where you're aiming from the tree... and then practice on the ground to find out what yardage you're sighted in at... for that occasional ground shot.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:03 PM

Default RE: Trophie Ridge mantis hunter

i've found if this is the first time using the pendulam part of the sightit sticks to the foam being so compressed up to it i used a little cleaner around the sight to stop it from sticking then i kept flicking it to loosen the hinge. now set it up on the ground first 20-30 yards zero that in first then take it up your tree stand and watch the difference, mine was hitting right on!!