Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

broad head storage

Old 08-22-2005, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default broad head storage

How do you store your broad heads durring the off season.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: broad head storage

For years I used smaller broadheads that would fit inside a film canister. I just cut a hole in the lid for the shaft and I had a perfect broadhead holder. I marked the top so I knew what type of head was inside. Now I am shooting Steel Force heads and they wont fit...so now I am asking the same question you are.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I keep mine in a small plastic Plano accessory box. I buy them in the fishing section at Walmart for a couple dollars.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:32 AM

a lot of them sit on top of the refigerator all year. others in plastic boxes, others are in the quiver on the arrows in the closet. come to think I'm not very organized when it comes to broad heads..
Old 08-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had them loose in a compartmentalized fishing accessory box like JeramyK, but they would get burs when they bumped in to each other.
So I had to use one compartment for each head. Waste of space.
Now I want to keep them assembled point down in some foam inside a deeper plastic box, but haven't found the right one yet.

My regulars are in my quiver, but I'll always have spare and old heads to store, God willing.

Maybe one of these would work...
http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/products.asp?dept=1106
Old 08-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

I use an wooden cigar box. You can get them for free at just about any smoke shop.

I put a layer of foam in the bottom, lay the broadheads in, and put a layer of foam on the top. They are safe and secure. You can lay them pretty close together because the foam compresses and keeps them where you put them.

I first started doing this when traveling on airlines. I put some tape on the sides of the box to assist the clasp in keeping the thing shut and put a "Beware: Broadheads, Very Sharp" sticker on the top the ensure none of the TSA guys ended up with stitches from searching my bags.

Old 08-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most of mine are in various tins, and jars. That's about it. There are also some that I shoot year round.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I keep my broadheads on my hunting arrows in my quiver. The arrows and broadheads are used for hunting only.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just keep mine on my arrows and practice with them off and on.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

I take a tissue or some toilet paper and wrap it around the broadhead. This way there is no banging together and nothing to dull the blades. Also it protects your fingers from accidents.

Quick Reply: broad head storage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.