Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

OOOH those Slick Trick's

Old 08-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default OOOH those Slick Trick's

Today I was out baiting bear's with my buddies Tom and TerryM ,after we finished we broke out the bow's to do some shooting .we also decided to setup TerryM's ACC super Lite 's with a slick trick .The arrow's alone were very impressive but when you add the Slick Trick it make's for one hell of a combination .I was soooooo impressed with those Slick Trick's that I will be using them as well this season ,I just can't resist .When guy's tell you that they fly like your field point's you better believe they do ,Terry hasn't had these broadhead's on his arrow's at all since he recieved them and after shooting a few field point's he shot a Slick Trick and I'll tell you now ,no tuning will be needed for Terry's setup this season ,he's ready to go .Penetration was impressive mounted on his A.C.C.'s.I feel so sorry for any critter that walk's out in front of him this season .The cutting diameter of the Slick Trick's is also very lethal ,I just can't imagine an animal going very far with one of these devil's stuck in it ,they'll definately leave a heck of a blood trail with the 1" plus cutting diameter .
Anyway's I'm going to Slick Trick's and I'll also use my Montec's as well hopefully I can get the 2 close enough that I don't need too many adjustment's .

nubo
Old 08-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: OOOH those Slick Trick's

................I just can't imagine an animal going very far with one of these devil's stuck in it
What do you mean stuck in it?

I bet you meant.......................... after one of these devil's passes through it.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry Bigbull's ,your right these head's are awsome ,and I've been convinced that they're every bit as good as they say they are.I'm going to have TerryM pick me some up for this season's hunt.

nubo
Old 08-22-2005, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep after reading all the positive posts on slick tricks I bought some and as Nubo posted above those little guys fly just like field points and the hole left in the target is quite impressive. Im a beleiver !!!!!
Old 08-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

BIGBULLS, you a sales rep for Slicks Tricks yet! You would do a great job. HAHAHA!
Old 08-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lou-lou.....

I know you love Muzzy broadheads. That's all fine and dandy. Other people might like Wasp, others might like Stingers, and a growing number of people are liking Slick Tricks.

Besides the name, are you under the impression the two broadheads are very very similiar? Slick Tricks probably took the idea based on a Muzzy 4 blade head and refined it and made it fly dead on accurate.

Old 08-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe I will talk to Garry about it.

Hey Garry, you listening?????????

Actually I just bought some 1/4" plywood to simulate bone, A compressed bag of loose insulation that I will wet down to simulate the insides of a deer, some 1/16" vinyl tile to simulate skin. I just need to get some 2" thick sheets of high density foam to simulate muscle and I will be set to do some broadhead testing.

Gonna test the ST's, Razor caps, Muzzy, Aftershocks, 2 blade stingers, Crimson Tallons, Montecs, and any others I can find.

Old 08-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Besides the name, are you under the impression the two broadheads are very very similiar? Slick Tricks probably took the idea based on a Muzzy 4 blade head and refined it and made it fly dead on accurate
One big difference is the Slick Tricks are all 1 pc steel. Never tried the Muzzy but the picture looks like a 2 pc body likely with aluminum.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

I'm sure that most of the new advanced heads out today , some part of them began with the old dinosaurs of the past. Slick Tricks could have been taken from them somewhere down the road. Thunderheads and Magnus heads also have spawned the new age of heads. As for them being different, I like the Tricks because they are all steel construction. Not very many heads can say that. Until muzzy's let me down, they'll be on my arrow. But one never knows, maybe I'll come over to the DARK SIDE with the Tricks in the furture, at least not for this year. AS for 2 bladed heads, never expierenced using them. Never could grasp the fact of why someone would use 2 blades instead of 3 or 4. Maybe it's accuracy or penetration, or blood trail. I just found what works the best for my setup last year after a long period of trial and error and it's hard to switch to a new head when it took this long to get it right. Gary, you need to put BigBulls on the payroll, he's doing one hell of a job promoting your product, maybe some free heads or something, or a hat or t-shirt.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:44 AM

man, i was looking thru some catalogs last night for some new heads to try, and 99% of them look like junk to me. nothing but gimmicks. this broadhead thing is getting ridiculous.

Quick Reply: OOOH those Slick Trick's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.